FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

[Q] OTA updates - Chinese OnePlus One

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By fai28683, Junior Member on 26th August 2014, 08:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey Guys,

Just checking , if anyone owning a Chinese variant of the OnePlus One ( not the official cyanogen phone ) received OTA update.

I have installed the cm11s ( 25R ) via flashing on the OPO ( Chinese ) , and later that month 30O was released i expected to received the update via OTA , but failed to arrive till today , now i believe Cyanogen team has released 33R .

Checking with other OPO users who has flashed the cm11s ( 30O or to 33R ) on their Chinese OPO, if they received it via OTA or they have to install it manually.

Thanks again
 
 
26th August 2014, 09:59 PM |#2  
S M G's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
I received my Chinese model preinstalled with 25R as well (Note: 25R was installed by the seller NOT at the factory) once i had it set-up i almost immediately got a notification that 30o was available, naturally i downloaded and installed it (BAD MOVE, batter drain etc) waited and waited and eventually 33R came out and i once again got a notification and downloaded/installed it. All this happened OTA. So your should be working.
26th August 2014, 10:03 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Lightbulb
Hi there,

I have a Chinese OnePlus as well, achieved to finally install a western cyanogen ROM in early july as well as rooted. I now have Latest bacon release on (nightly 24.08.2014) from cyanogen website downloads.

Problem: I can't flash or sideload any of the stock roms available even the one with script update. It fails every time. I only can flash certain roms like the ones available on cyanogen downlaods. Don't know why.

2 questions:
1/ How can I flash stock roms on my phone?
2/ What improvements latest nightly bacon rom on cyanogen? Does it include touchscreen fixes from latest stock update?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fai28683

Hey Guys,

Just checking , if anyone owning a Chinese variant of the OnePlus One ( not the official cyanogen phone ) received OTA update.

I have installed the cm11s ( 25R ) via flashing on the OPO ( Chinese ) , and later that month 30O was released i expected to received the update via OTA , but failed to arrive till today , now i believe Cyanogen team has released 33R .

Checking with other OPO users who has flashed the cm11s ( 30O or to 33R ) on their Chinese OPO, if they received it via OTA or they have to install it manually.

Thanks again

26th August 2014, 11:23 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S M G

I received my Chinese model preinstalled with 25R as well (Note: 25R was installed by the seller NOT at the factory) once i had it set-up i almost immediately got a notification that 30o was available, naturally i downloaded and installed it (BAD MOVE, batter drain etc) waited and waited and eventually 33R came out and i once again got a notification and downloaded/installed it. All this happened OTA. So your should be working.

Thanks S M G, i'm still waiting for one

Yes , i have read about the battery drain part on the forum , that the reason i wasn't that keen in getting the update and forgot about it , but now they have released 33R and was wondering the question to why i didn't receive the 30O update .

Btw how is the 33R update , does it solve the problems that 30O has and is it worth a flash , if i don't get the update ?
27th August 2014, 08:13 AM |#5  
S M G's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fai28683

Thanks S M G, i'm still waiting for one

Yes , i have read about the battery drain part on the forum , that the reason i wasn't that keen in getting the update and forgot about it , but now they have released 33R and was wondering the question to why i didn't receive the 30O update .

Btw how is the 33R update , does it solve the problems that 30O has and is it worth a flash , if i don't get the update ?

33R is great, fixed my battery drain issues and ghost touch issues. In my opinion my OnePlus One is near perfect now with 33R installed,i highly recommend flashing 33R.
27th August 2014, 09:39 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Post No ota updates
Me to bought opo chinese version it shows xnph25r and when i go to ota updates it show phone is updated.....
What to do to get fresh update...
27th August 2014, 08:08 PM |#7  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 21,986
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhinge

Me to bought opo chinese version it shows xnph25r and when i go to ota updates it show phone is updated.....
What to do to get fresh update...

The OTA probably just didn't come to you yet. You can manually update to XNPH30O. You can find the download links http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/08...-bug-download/
And then flash https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460601

You can adb sideload them or flash them using TWRP. Bootloader unlocked required.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes