Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA XNPH30O Root Issues

Tip us?

1pratham
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OTA XNPH30O Root Issues

Hello Everyone,

I have been having weird issues with root on the latest OTA update. After the update, I found that I lost root and so installed the SuperSu using TWRP recovery again. However, could not get root access back. Tried this like 3-4 times but still didn't work.

After that I took a nandroid backup (didn't have any backup till now) and wiped the cache and data. And after reboot I get root but if I restore the data partition from the nandroid backup, root is lost again.

Now I want root but don't want to get rid of the data.

Also, if its useful anyhow, in the superuser app - under su binary v2.00 "-rwxr-xr-x" is red, "root root" is green and "/system/xbin/su" is green.

Anyhelp will be much appreciated.

Thanks

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,090

DONATE TO ME
Well, best way to root would be solid in losing the data and unlocking the bootloader, guaranteed to wipe you data. I'd copy your sdcard to your pc then copy it back after rooting.

You can head to the dev section to find a root and there is a method actually where they say you don't lose data; you can check that out.
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.

Dzhedaj
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Have you tried flashing SuperSU via TWRP instead and letting it update the binaries?