Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 41,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone not charging the same speed when using non OEM charger.

Tip us?

kyleallen5000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Phone not charging the same speed when using non OEM charger.

The title say's it all. When I use the included charger the phone charges much more quickly than when I use a 3rd party charger. I've tried a variety of different charges all with the same result. I know this was supposedly fixed in the most recent update, but it seems to still be affecting me.
Current Devices

HTC One XL: VIPER ROM

HTC One: ARHD 31.5

OnePlus One: MultiROM

Nook Tablet:: JadyCane & CM7

Expliciate
Old
Thanks Meter 20
AFAIK, most 3rd party chargers that I've come across only output 1A, such as my old iPhone adapter.
The one included with the OPO outputs 2A.
This is the same with my note 3 adapter outputting 2A which I've tested and performs the same as the OPO adapter.
Samsung Galaxy Note III - N9005
X-Note 14.0 ND5
Stock Kernel

kajornkeat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I heard that the OPO usb does make it charge faster too. Saw someone on this forum tested it, can't remember which thread though.

mcbyte_it
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Using Galaxy S3 charger took forever, I charged now with the OPO one and it went 20% in 20 minutes.
the S3 charger gives 1.0A, while I have also the Asus TF101 charger which gives 2.0A....

I will verify later the cable too.

Device 1: OnePlus One 64GB (KK 4.4.2 | CM11s)
Device 2: Nexus 10 16GB (KK 4.4.4)
Other projects: ROM Stats v2.0 beta | weekly init.d scripts | Daily Free App @ Amazon (Europe SUPPORTED)

zephiK
Old
(Last edited by zephiK; 25th July 2014 at 07:33 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,388

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajornkeat View Post
I heard that the OPO usb does make it charge faster too. Saw someone on this forum tested it, can't remember which thread though.
Link that the OPO usb makes it charge faster? I use a usb cable from a previous phone bc the OPO usb is too short.

mcbyte: ASUS TF101 is 2.0A? I thought it was 1.2A
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms | Enable 1080p for YouTube

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

masterbox
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleallen5000 View Post
The title say's it all. When I use the included charger the phone charges much more quickly than when I use a 3rd party charger. I've tried a variety of different charges all with the same result. I know this was supposedly fixed in the most recent update, but it seems to still be affecting me.
it's the same with my Note 2 and my Note 8. They need 2A chargers, otherwise it's sooo slow, like the OPO.

kajornkeat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Link that the OPO usb makes it charge faster? I use a usb cable from a previous phone bc the OPO usb is too short.

mcbyte: ASUS TF101 is 2.0A? I thought it was 1.2A
Found It, http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/accessories/charger-cable-oneplus-1-t2802484 I'm not sure if it's true though. I might try some of my 3rd party cable and compare to 1+1 cable.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,388

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajornkeat View Post
Found It, http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/accessories/charger-cable-oneplus-1-t2802484 I'm not sure if it's true though. I might try some of my 3rd party cable and compare to 1+1 cable.
I was trying to find a app that keeps track of the charging rate but I didn't have much luck. That would be a definite confirmation. But yeah, I would for certain want to know.

I am pretty satisfied with the charging rate right now though. Using my Nexus 5 usb with the oneplus one wall charger. Alternatively, I have the blackberry folding charger which is 1.8A charges really fast as well even though it isn't 2A.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms | Enable 1080p for YouTube

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Nexus 5: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

rallysquirrel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default battery widget

Try this puppy on for size

Battery Widget Reborn (beta)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.reborn.beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
I was trying to find a app that keeps track of the charging rate but I didn't have much luck. That would be a definite confirmation. But yeah, I would for certain want to know.

I am pretty satisfied with the charging rate right now though. Using my Nexus 5 usb with the oneplus one wall charger. Alternatively, I have the blackberry folding charger which is 1.8A charges really fast as well even though it isn't 2A.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk