LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Phone not charging the same speed when using non OEM charger.

OP kyleallen5000

13th July 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #1  
kyleallen5000's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 17
 
170 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
The title say's it all. When I use the included charger the phone charges much more quickly than when I use a 3rd party charger. I've tried a variety of different charges all with the same result. I know this was supposedly fixed in the most recent update, but it seems to still be affecting me.
13th July 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #2  
Expliciate's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 21
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
AFAIK, most 3rd party chargers that I've come across only output 1A, such as my old iPhone adapter.
The one included with the OPO outputs 2A.
This is the same with my note 3 adapter outputting 2A which I've tested and performs the same as the OPO adapter.
13th July 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
I heard that the OPO usb does make it charge faster too. Saw someone on this forum tested it, can't remember which thread though.
25th July 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #4  
mcbyte_it's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 280
 
780 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Using Galaxy S3 charger took forever, I charged now with the OPO one and it went 20% in 20 minutes.
the S3 charger gives 1.0A, while I have also the Asus TF101 charger which gives 2.0A....

I will verify later the cable too.
25th July 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,864
 
13,798 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajornkeat

I heard that the OPO usb does make it charge faster too. Saw someone on this forum tested it, can't remember which thread though.

Link that the OPO usb makes it charge faster? I use a usb cable from a previous phone bc the OPO usb is too short.

mcbyte: ASUS TF101 is 2.0A? I thought it was 1.2A
Last edited by zephiK; 25th July 2014 at 08:33 AM.
25th July 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleallen5000

The title say's it all. When I use the included charger the phone charges much more quickly than when I use a 3rd party charger. I've tried a variety of different charges all with the same result. I know this was supposedly fixed in the most recent update, but it seems to still be affecting me.

it's the same with my Note 2 and my Note 8. They need 2A chargers, otherwise it's sooo slow, like the OPO.
25th July 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Link that the OPO usb makes it charge faster? I use a usb cable from a previous phone bc the OPO usb is too short.

mcbyte: ASUS TF101 is 2.0A? I thought it was 1.2A

Found It, http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/accessories/charger-cable-oneplus-1-t2802484 I'm not sure if it's true though. I might try some of my 3rd party cable and compare to 1+1 cable.
25th July 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,864
 
13,798 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajornkeat

Found It, http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/accessories/charger-cable-oneplus-1-t2802484 I'm not sure if it's true though. I might try some of my 3rd party cable and compare to 1+1 cable.

I was trying to find a app that keeps track of the charging rate but I didn't have much luck. That would be a definite confirmation. But yeah, I would for certain want to know.

I am pretty satisfied with the charging rate right now though. Using my Nexus 5 usb with the oneplus one wall charger. Alternatively, I have the blackberry folding charger which is 1.8A charges really fast as well even though it isn't 2A.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
7th August 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
battery widget
Try this puppy on for size

Battery Widget Reborn (beta)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.reborn.beta


Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

I was trying to find a app that keeps track of the charging rate but I didn't have much luck. That would be a definite confirmation. But yeah, I would for certain want to know.

I am pretty satisfied with the charging rate right now though. Using my Nexus 5 usb with the oneplus one wall charger. Alternatively, I have the blackberry folding charger which is 1.8A charges really fast as well even though it isn't 2A.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes