Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Probably stuck or dead pixel

Tip us?

AVTR1337
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero7 View Post
But no one bere with a similar situation? Just no know if there is a possibility to obtain the change. I have already opened a ticket on OPO official site, but no reply at now.

Hello! Yes!
I have a stuck pixel at my opo. I can just give you one advise. Don't change it. Just don't care about those pixels and more important: Don't search dead pixels. I wad also like you, and so i ordered 3x htc one x, 3x galaxy s3 and all of them had dead pixels or stuck pixels. Also my galaxy s4 had one, and my lg g2! So every ****in phone has them. It's like a big joke and you need very good luck to get one without.

So now i have my opo, and also have 1 stuck pixel. But you know what, i don't care. You have to learn this.
Otherwise you'll be going crazy. Just be happy with your phone. In some time you will get another phone anyway.
So pfff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AVTR1337 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timbuctoo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4fseeker View Post
Depending on whether the pixel is actually dead (meaning it either gets no power or shortened) or stuck (crystal can't rotate) you may be able to revive it. There are applications for that purpose in the Play store that very quickly toggle through several colors in the hope of jiggling the pixel free - leave it running for a few hours and check if the screen is fixed.
Thanks @d4fseeker. Any tips on which apps we can try?
Did I help? Please hit 'Thanks'.

d4fseeker
Old
Thanks Meter 434
I had success on a friend's phone a while back with this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackspotdetect
Samsung S1Samsung S3Oneplus One
The Following User Says Thank You to d4fseeker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timbuctoo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4fseeker View Post
I had success on a friend's phone a while back with this app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackspotdetect
Thank you. Have hit the button as well
Did I help? Please hit 'Thanks'.

rbrandser
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Yup! Stuck pixel here, it appeared after having the device for less than a day, it's 1 red pixel, so it's not visible on white background. But dark background its right in my face.
I had a little cluster of white pixels on my m7, never really bothered by it.
The way oneplus handle this, I don't think I'll even bother to try to get a replacement device. Well, that's the price we pay for buying from cheap Chinese manufacturer.

d4fseeker
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandser View Post
that's the price we pay for buying from cheap Chinese manufacturer.
You do know that "3+ dead/stuck pixels" is what major brands also require for replacement?
Samsung S1Samsung S3Oneplus One