Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems charging..?

Tip us?

jamesking420
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Problems charging..?

I didn't get a charger with my OnePlus One. No major deal as I have a few USB chargers around but each that I've tried so far has had problems charging the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

James

tpcrackpipe
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Yes. The phone basically needs the included charger to charge. I think this phones charger is 2amp instead of the normal 1amp. My external battery packs won't even charge the device at all. It stops charging after the lights on the battery pack turn off. Works perfectly on every other device I've ever used it on.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,672

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcrackpipe View Post
Yes. The phone basically needs the included charger to charge. I think this phones charger is 2amp instead of the normal 1amp. My external battery packs won't even charge the device at all. It stops charging after the lights on the battery pack turn off. Works perfectly on every other device I've ever used it on.
Yeah the stock charger is 2A, depending what phone you have prior to this most chargers are usually 1.2-1.3A.
I believe some of the Galaxies, N7 give you 2A as well.

I personally use my 3rd party charger to charge the OPO. Works fine and is 1.8A, I love the 2A and all but that OPO USB is way too short, maybe I'll interswap them with another USB.

OP if u need a cheap charger and works well, http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...xus-5-t2729066 try looking into that. ~$5 and they'll ship you two of them. Or get in contact with OPO and tell them you didn't get a charger. The charger should have been added to cart for $0.00 with your order.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

no_username_available
Old
Thanks Meter 40
i think you need at least 1.5 amps to charge the phone but i dont have it yet so don't take my word

hamzer11
Old
Thanks Meter 81
You don't need the original charge to charge it. I have charged mine on various chargers and it works fine. If the charger is less that 2A though it charges slowly. I use a charging brick from my HP Touchpad (2A) and whatever usb cable I have around and it works just fine.