Ask a question

No registration required

Problems charging..?

OP jamesking420

17th July 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

313 posts
I didn't get a charger with my OnePlus One. No major deal as I have a few USB chargers around but each that I've tried so far has had problems charging the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

James
17th July 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 41

164 posts
Yes. The phone basically needs the included charger to charge. I think this phones charger is 2amp instead of the normal 1amp. My external battery packs won't even charge the device at all. It stops charging after the lights on the battery pack turn off. Works perfectly on every other device I've ever used it on.
17th July 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,765

13,631 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcrackpipe

Yes. The phone basically needs the included charger to charge. I think this phones charger is 2amp instead of the normal 1amp. My external battery packs won't even charge the device at all. It stops charging after the lights on the battery pack turn off. Works perfectly on every other device I've ever used it on.

Yeah the stock charger is 2A, depending what phone you have prior to this most chargers are usually 1.2-1.3A.
I believe some of the Galaxies, N7 give you 2A as well.

I personally use my 3rd party charger to charge the OPO. Works fine and is 1.8A, I love the 2A and all but that OPO USB is way too short, maybe I'll interswap them with another USB.

OP if u need a cheap charger and works well, http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...xus-5-t2729066 try looking into that. ~$5 and they'll ship you two of them. Or get in contact with OPO and tell them you didn't get a charger. The charger should have been added to cart for $0.00 with your order.
18th July 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 41

321 posts
More
i think you need at least 1.5 amps to charge the phone but i dont have it yet so don't take my word
18th July 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 82

518 posts
You don't need the original charge to charge it. I have charged mine on various chargers and it works fine. If the charger is less that 2A though it charges slowly. I use a charging brick from my HP Touchpad (2A) and whatever usb cable I have around and it works just fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread