Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,209 Members 44,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] Lockscreen doesn't timeout?

Tip us?

jetstream131
Old
(Last edited by jetstream131; 25th August 2014 at 10:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [q] Lockscreen doesn't timeout?

I'm running CM11s 33R with franco kernel r14 and Google Now Launcher. When I manually turn on my screen with the power button or double tap, to check the time for example, the screen will not go back to sleep. However if it turns on automatically because I received a text or snapchat, it will sleep if I leave it alone. Anyone else getting this issue/ have any fixes? I have screen sleep set in display settings to be after 30 seconds of inactivity so i'm wondering what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

Edit: It actually seems like my screen timeout isn't working at all, past the lock-screen, even while i'm in the actual device or an app.
OnePlus One 64GB[]
Xperia Tablet Z [SGP312]

dr3amsINdigital
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Are you plugged in? In developer options, there's an option for the screen to never sleep while plugged in. If not, the answer to everything: reboot the phone!

jetstream131
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Nope not plugged in, and i reboot multiple times on a daily basis and that hasn't fixed it.
OnePlus One 64GB[]
Xperia Tablet Z [SGP312]

kokocabana
Old
Thanks Meter 25
For me, when I double tap or press the power button and leave it there, the screen will go back to sleep after 30 seconds. My old phone would turn off the screen after 5 seconds on the lockscreen. There doesn't seem to be a setting for this and it's just automatically set at 30 seconds.
Oneplus One 64GB (CM11S)
HTC Desire (MildWild 5.0) - Retired

NatJohnny
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i also got this problem

I got this problem also

i'm running same Stats like: CM11S 33R, test with Franco Kernel R14, Trebuchet Launcher.

If i doesnt turn my screen off by power button the screen will be stay activ anyway no-matter which settings i set on Options

jl88
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream131 View Post
I'm running CM11s 33R with franco kernel r14 and Google Now Launcher. When I manually turn on my screen with the power button or double tap, to check the time for example, the screen will not go back to sleep. However if it turns on automatically because I received a text or snapchat, it will sleep if I leave it alone. Anyone else getting this issue/ have any fixes? I have screen sleep set in display settings to be after 30 seconds of inactivity so i'm wondering what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

Edit: It actually seems like my screen timeout isn't working at all, past the lock-screen, even while i'm in the actual device or an app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatJohnny View Post
I got this problem also

i'm running same Stats like: CM11S 33R, test with Franco Kernel R14, Trebuchet Launcher.

If i doesnt turn my screen off by power button the screen will be stay activ anyway no-matter which settings i set on Options

Did you find a solution meanwhile?
I have this problem since yesterday, too.

realberti
Old
Thanks Meter 6
+1

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk