Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[q] Lockscreen doesn't timeout?

OP jetstream131

25th August 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

181 posts
I'm running CM11s 33R with franco kernel r14 and Google Now Launcher. When I manually turn on my screen with the power button or double tap, to check the time for example, the screen will not go back to sleep. However if it turns on automatically because I received a text or snapchat, it will sleep if I leave it alone. Anyone else getting this issue/ have any fixes? I have screen sleep set in display settings to be after 30 seconds of inactivity so i'm wondering what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

Edit: It actually seems like my screen timeout isn't working at all, past the lock-screen, even while i'm in the actual device or an app.
Last edited by jetstream131; 25th August 2014 at 10:13 PM.
26th August 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 47

179 posts
More
Are you plugged in? In developer options, there's an option for the screen to never sleep while plugged in. If not, the answer to everything: reboot the phone!
26th August 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

181 posts
Nope not plugged in, and i reboot multiple times on a daily basis and that hasn't fixed it.
26th August 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 28

143 posts
More
For me, when I double tap or press the power button and leave it there, the screen will go back to sleep after 30 seconds. My old phone would turn off the screen after 5 seconds on the lockscreen. There doesn't seem to be a setting for this and it's just automatically set at 30 seconds.
29th August 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
i also got this problem
I got this problem also

i'm running same Stats like: CM11S 33R, test with Franco Kernel R14, Trebuchet Launcher.

If i doesnt turn my screen off by power button the screen will be stay activ anyway no-matter which settings i set on Options
14th September 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream131

I'm running CM11s 33R with franco kernel r14 and Google Now Launcher. When I manually turn on my screen with the power button or double tap, to check the time for example, the screen will not go back to sleep. However if it turns on automatically because I received a text or snapchat, it will sleep if I leave it alone. Anyone else getting this issue/ have any fixes? I have screen sleep set in display settings to be after 30 seconds of inactivity so i'm wondering what the issue is. Thanks in advance.

Edit: It actually seems like my screen timeout isn't working at all, past the lock-screen, even while i'm in the actual device or an app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatJohnny

I got this problem also

i'm running same Stats like: CM11S 33R, test with Franco Kernel R14, Trebuchet Launcher.

If i doesnt turn my screen off by power button the screen will be stay activ anyway no-matter which settings i set on Options

Did you find a solution meanwhile?
I have this problem since yesterday, too.
15th September 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

19 posts
+1

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread