[Q&A] [MOD] MultiROM v28d

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [MOD] MultiROM v28d

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Justinsc

Oct 12, 2014
Installing multirom through the app

Hi guys, I've used the whole morning to read through all 100+ pages today. Now i'm back home and i'm ready to install this. But then I found out on the OP that it states that "You can install it either from MultiROM Manager app or from this guide".

Now im wondering if it means that i could just install the app through google play and its done? So i do not need to go through flashing it through recovery, modify recovery? just patching the kernel?

EDIT: i think i actually did it successfully already. Thanks for the great work 1

Last edited:

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
My personal cm11 builds, using no modifications won't boot using multi boot. Do I need to include something extra?

chak29

Apr 24, 2012
You need to use a patched kernels like ak kernels

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

chak29

Apr 24, 2012
The internal ROM needs the patched kernel.. The secondary ROM don't need. But not all the ROMs works with multirom..I use cm11s38r with ak patched kernel(make sure you get the right kernel) for the internal. Secondary I use mahdi and liquids works fine both stock kernel...

Reactions: newellj79

tapyon

Dec 12, 2010
Madrid
Guys if I install multirom. Will I be able to have whatsapp in every rom? Or I should verify always the number?

CountDooku

Aug 31, 2014
Guys if I install multirom. Will I be able to have whatsapp in every rom? Or I should verify always the number?

As Whatsapp verifies your device (and rom) you'll have to verify your number every time you boot into another rom!
WhatsApp won't synchronise all your messages. (I'm pretty sure, the ones you wrote won't show up)

Edit:
Die anyone managed to install Dirty Unicorns as a secondary rom? Mine doesn't boot :/

Last edited:

Spiderhex

Oct 29, 2014
Ok so i've run into some alarming problem (by alarming i mean that i haven't found i solution and that i can't boot)
So after I rooted my phone (TWRP installed) i decided to install multirom, i folowed the procedure. Custom TWRP is installed and running, the boot menu is working perfectly, and i havce the custom kernel, only problem is, i haven't any secondary rom installed, and i can't boot to primary (black screen for 2-3 minute then reload multirom boot menu)
Does any one have any idea of what i can do to try to fix this ?

ETA: I managed to boot to main rom again by flashing CM11s from the OPO toolbox, device ended up not rotted and iv'e got Cyanorecovery (default one) and default kernel.
After some test i'm sure the kernel is the source of the problem, i can easly get the recovery but everytime i try to install the kernel the phone won't boot or bootloop.
So essentially the kernel downloaded from the app doesn't seem to cooperate

Last edited:

tapyon

Dec 12, 2010
Madrid
As Whatsapp verifies your device (and rom) you'll have to verify your number every time you boot into another rom!
WhatsApp won't synchronise all your messages. (I'm pretty sure, the ones you wrote won't show up)

Edit:
Die anyone managed to install Dirty Unicorns as a secondary rom? Mine doesn't boot :/

I found a one way to do it. Titanium Backup ^^

Copy >>> restore in the new rom and u have whatsapp working in two roms.

benji667

Feb 20, 2013
Hey I'm trying to flash ak on my 3rd ROM but keep getting binary could not update from zip error? ... Any help with this

jddnoob

Oct 5, 2013
I tried to flash liquidsmooth as secondary ROM. But then com.android.gsf.login seems to be not working.
Anyone else facing this problem? Tia

chak29

Apr 24, 2012
Android L only work as internal ROM. I tired many combinations. Always ended up boot loop.

Activ3z

Sep 11, 2014
Multirom work fine with Lolipop

I just flash Lolipop on my opo and it work fine, but if i flash it in secondary it cannot work.. So first I flash it as secondary, after complete of flashing I swap the internal ROM with the L ROM.. After L ROM become internal ROM I wipe it again then I flash all the file again.. Then it work fine, even I change the L ROM to secondary it work fine.. but my primary ROM cannot boot.. So for my primary ROM I will reset it back and flash the ROM back to see how it goes then..

filetta

Nov 24, 2013
cyanogen don't boot anymore

hello, thanks for the awesome work, i'm having an issue with cm (on my oneplus one) the other roms boot and works fine; but cm stay stuck on a black screen (i made cm updates :s) i already tried to flash kernel again but i doesn't work; an idea to fix this ?

bobwegle

Feb 26, 2011
Multirom and L

Having some difficulty getting Multirom to run an L ROM. When I install an L ROM as secondary and try to Boot, I get a bootloop. Then when I try to boot any of my other secondaries, they get stuck on the boot image after trying to boot L. I have to reflash the existing secondaries to get them to work. The Primary is never affected, it boots fine. I am running CM11s as primary with the AK.010.OPO.CM12 kernel. I have updated TWRP to the 20141116 version. The L version is bpear96's 11/16. Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: jameslfc5

electricjimi

Aug 12, 2014
Yellowish screen

Hi, I just installed multirom on stock rooted rom and after reboot my screen became yellowish. I think it's a patched kernel problem. Anyone has got a solution?

Reactions: nirmik379kale

erdal67

Nov 1, 2012
Is it possible to have mahdi as primary rom and cm11s as secondary, and vice versa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk till i get my Bacon

musklor

Nov 15, 2012
Nancy
Hello, I have cm11s 44s with stock kernel. If i want cm12 as secondary I have to flash cm12 kernel in multirom app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The internal ROM needs the patched kernel.. The secondary ROM don't need. But not all the ROMs works with multirom..I use cm11s38r with ak patched kernel(make sure you get the right kernel) for the internal. Secondary I use mahdi and liquids works fine both stock kernel...

Multirom and L

Having some difficulty getting Multirom to run an L ROM. When I install an L ROM as secondary and try to Boot, I get a bootloop. Then when I try to boot any of my other secondaries, they get stuck on the boot image after trying to boot L. I have to reflash the existing secondaries to get them to work. The Primary is never affected, it boots fine. I am running CM11s as primary with the AK.010.OPO.CM12 kernel. I have updated TWRP to the 20141116 version. The L version is bpear96's 11/16. Any help would be appreciated!
    Yellowish screen

Hi, I just installed multirom on stock rooted rom and after reboot my screen became yellowish. I think it's a patched kernel problem. Anyone has got a solution?
    Please explain steps to install
    If you have multirom already installed, then you need to flash the attached zip from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=59907538&postcount=2225 to the primary rom(normal install button in twrp) I think and you should be able to install it to secondary just like you would do with every other rom.
    i already posted on the other thread with the fixes to have multiple systems. and i can' seem o manage getting it up and running. no matter what combination i use as primary and secondary, or different modems (44s, 05q ...) differnet kernels on primary, injecting boot.img trying with the 32g and still nothing :(
    i want to get both cm11s and cm12 running.
    i read a lot through this thread and saw something about trying the 32a or 28b version. but i can't find them not even in google... so can some one please upload them, and post the link??

or if someone tried this multirom with a new oneplus, or a newly FULL WIPED opo and tell me what method he followed
    thankss in advance :)

Hi,

You can find the files that interest you here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=18015

Bye.