Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mic line not working on headset

Tip us?

livito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default Mic line not working on headset

Gladly that is the only problem I have found on the one but I would like to get this to work, is this an isolated issue or is someone else having the same problem?

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by livito View Post
Gladly that is the only problem I have found on the one but I would like to get this to work, is this an isolated issue or is someone else having the same problem?
I think you're the first one reporting this. As I don't have the phone, I can't help you much, but I can encourage you to get a logcat. I'm interested as well as I plan to use it with a headset as well...
Current device: Oneplus One 64 GB Sandstone Black
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

livito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901 View Post
I think you're the first one reporting this. As I don't have the phone, I can't help you much, but I can encourage you to get a logcat. I'm interested as well as I plan to use it with a headset as well...
I tried the headphones that come with the SGS5 today and the mic works, the headphones I use on a daily basis are Sony MDR-X10, not sure why their mic line doesnt work on the One, I will try another ones.

dmo580
Old
Thanks Meter 546
Quote:
I tried the headphones that come with the SGS5 today and the mic works, the headphones I use on a daily basis are Sony MDR-X10, not sure why their mic line doesnt work on the One, I will try another ones.
I had trouble with the Apple earbods too. Never had an issue on my N4 or N5. Perhaps report on Jira. I reported it and they said "Apple wires them differently" and closed the issue. Kinda dismissive considering Apple earpods mic work on the S4, S5, M8, N4, N5, etc.
Current:
OnePlus One | CM 11S | Nexus 5 | crDroid for Nexus 5

Legacy Devices:
LG Nexus 4 | CM 11 Nightlies | Google Nexus 10 | CM 10.2 Nightlies | Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 | CM 11 Nightlies | HP TouchPad | CM 11 Nightly 06072014 | Nexus S i9020a | CM 11 Nightlies | Motorola Milestone | CM 7.2 (16.06.2012)

Battery Testing - Non-BS, Non-Subjective Testing

livito
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post
I had trouble with the Apple earbods too. Never had an issue on my N4 or N5. Perhaps report on Jira. I reported it and they said "Apple wires them differently" and closed the issue. Kinda dismissive considering Apple earpods mic work on the S4, S5, M8, N4, N5, etc.
I thought that the wiring was a standard thing, I guess I was wrong, the mic line definitely works perfect on SGS5 and Sennheiser earbuds, I hope this is something that can be tweak with software.

indesisiv
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
I thought that the wiring was a standard thing, I guess I was wrong, the mic line definitely works perfect on SGS5 and Sennheiser earbuds, I hope this is something that can be tweak with software.
Works on mine with sony headphones.
Please see this thread before posting!!

Don't be afraid of the thanks button!!