Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,572 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A quick question regarding carriers

Tip us?

Raymondlikesroot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default A quick question regarding carriers

I have a vzn s4 right now and I am looking to upgrade. Does the one plus one support vzn? For example, could I pull out my sim card on my s4, put it in the one plus one, maybe go to the vzn store to do some logistical stuff (but not starting a new contract, just using the old one!), and then proceed to use the one plus one on vzn? Thanks
leave a thanks if i helped! Raymond

zephiK
Old
(Last edited by zephiK; 12th August 2014 at 01:58 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,688

DONATE TO ME
The OnePlus One does not support Verizon. The only carriers that the OnePlus One supports within the U.S. are AT&T and T-Mobile.
If you plan on using AT&T or T-Mobile with the OnePlus One, you'll need the international version as the Chinese OPO does not have the proper bands to get LTE signal.

Edit: replaced "4G" with LTE signal as Chinese OPO does get "4G" by definition being HSPA/HSPA+.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teh roxxorz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,089

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
The OnePlus One does not support Verizon. The only carriers that the OnePlus One supports within the U.S. are AT&T and T-Mobile.
If you plan on using AT&T or T-Mobile with the OnePlus One, you'll need the international version as the Chinese OPO does not have the proper bands to use 4G.
Word. image all the words I would say, if he hadn't said them. If you you're on verizon, you're out of luck.
この こえ かれて も きえない メロヂー

The difference between the strong and weak willed is that the weak traverse with wounds covered up and hide when attacked, while the strong stride on with open hands and tears. Wounds bared open, and will continue to go on, even when broken at their core

Nexus 5
Teh Kernel kill count: 3
</3

If you wanna chat, message me.
Xbox Live: teh roxxorz [Live is up]
PSN [PS3 | PS4]: tehroxxorz666 [Where you'll likely find me]

My dropbox is a little hungry again, if you'd like a dropbox, register via my link, and we'll both get an extra 500mb storage. Thank you in advance you beautiful person you.