Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is the real cost to my door of the 64Gb version

Tip us?

AndroidMilos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default What is the real cost to my door of the 64Gb version

I realize that the 64Gb version is $349. But, it has to be shipped from China , go thru US customs, applicable sales tax in Masachusettes.
SO
Shipping cost = ?
Custom duty cost = ?
Massachusettes tax = ?

I had, couple of years ago, bought a phone from Canada and when the USPS was delivering it to my door, I had to pay an additional $33 immediately (I assume Massachusettes taxes and or Customs-I don't remember which)

So I take the 349, add a shipping cost (I am guessing) of $15:00, plus Custom duty/Massachusettes sales tax of about $33:00 will bring the real cost to my door of approximately $400 and change. So the real cost to me will be approximately $400 give n take. It is still a good idea but real numbers mean more than just a listed number.
Any one out there that has received their Oneplus in the USA, what were those other costs?
Thanks in advance.

kuhno
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I can't really answer your question, but for me in Germany/EU there were no extra costs.
300 + 5 express shipping + a few for a screen protector.
A user asked the OP support for the costs and they replied:
Quote:
Thanks for contacting us. The price for the phone itself (64GB) is USD349, plus shipping fee of $16 for standard and $19 for express, hence the total cost will be around $365-370. The tax is included in the price.
There now is an additional 'sign on deliver' cost of 2.35$.

Source
The Following User Says Thank You to kuhno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,875

DONATE TO ME
First off, the phone is not shipped from China. It is shipped from Anaheim California. The tax is included in the $349. Shipping is $14 now I believe, when I paid it was $360 in total and delivered via 2 day usps to new York.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rickyx32
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
First off, the phone is not shipped from China. It is shipped from Anaheim California. The tax is included in the $349. Shipping is $14 now I believe, when I paid it was $360 in total and delivered via 2 day usps to new York.

That explains why I got my OnePlus One so damn fast I live near Anaheim lol Anyway, the standard shipping was $10 and $350 for the phone, I didn't pay a penny over $360.
Current Phone: OnePlus One 64GB
Previous Devices: Nexus 5, Galaxy S3, HTC One V, LG Optimus Elite, LG Optimus V
The Following User Says Thank You to rickyx32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndroidMilos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
oki doki, the shipping sounds reasonable and I like it. Thanks all for your responses.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,875

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyx32 View Post
That explains why I got my OnePlus One so damn fast I live near Anaheim lol Anyway, the standard shipping was $10 and $350 for the phone, I didn't pay a penny over $360.
There's a return address on the yellow envelope you can see where it is coming from.

Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,307

DONATE TO ME
The shipping varies depending on where it's going within the United States. I've bought two, I'll list their shipping locations below along with their price.

New Lenox, IL - $11.99
Minden, NV - $10.34

Sent via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,960

DONATE TO ME
NO matter how you slice it the phone plus shipping is well worth it. So dont sweat shipping cost for an phone you wont be mad at!
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!

elrey420
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cost of 64gb one delivered

i live in fall river,ma just bought the one last week. the cost delivered was 363 and change. no hidden costs charged by the post office lol. they ship here in the us through usps.

rayandreas
Old
Thanks Meter 498
I ordered mine tody and I live in Bakersfield Ca. it's about two and a half hours from Anaheim. I wonder how long it will be for me?