Ask a question

No registration required

[REQUEST] Radio Image from Snapshot M8

OP reinerlee

21st July 2014, 09:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

195 posts
Hi there, I found that the radio from cm11.0-bacon-snapshot-m8 is the best and problemless so far.

But the pure CM experience it's not my likely, i like some of the features/colors/themes from 11S.

I wonder is there anyone can extra the radio and make it as a flashable zip. so everyone can benefits from it.

Basically what i'm doing is so far to combine this 2 rooms

- Flash CM11S stock rom. (this one with the radio that couldn't work on my country (Malaysia)
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Flash CM11-snapshot-m8 (this would replace the radio of the CM11s)
- then use nandroid to restore CM11S. (restoring won't replace the radio).

It's very tedious progress. If anyone could extra the radio from snapshot-m8 would be PERFECT.

I'm not a very experience and professional people to do these. so could anyone help me .. please ?
21st July 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #2  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,145

6,182 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinerlee

Hi there, I found that the radio from cm11.0-bacon-snapshot-m8 is the best and problemless so far.

But the pure CM experience it's not my likely, i like some of the features/colors/themes from 11S.

I wonder is there anyone can extra the radio and make it as a flashable zip. so everyone can benefits from it.

Basically what i'm doing is so far to combine this 2 rooms

- Flash CM11S stock rom. (this one with the radio that couldn't work on my country (Malaysia)
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Flash CM11-snapshot-m8 (this would replace the radio of the CM11s)
- then use nandroid to restore CM11S. (restoring won't replace the radio).

It's very tedious progress. If anyone could extra the radio from snapshot-m8 would be PERFECT.

I'm not a very experience and professional people to do these. so could anyone help me .. please ?

Ar you sure you flashed a radio. All you have to do is look at the zip file and you can check to see if a radio.img is in it. Most roms do not come with a radio every time you flash it... Check again - I just got my OnePlus but I have been doing this for a while
21st July 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

195 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya

Ar you sure you flashed a radio. All you have to do is look at the zip file and you can check to see if a radio.img is in it. Most roms do not come with a radio every time you flash it... Check again - I just got my OnePlus but I have been doing this for a while

Not exactly the radio.img, but nvm. i've already found out the file that needed to be flash. which is the NON-HLOS.bin
27th July 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag kuala lumpur
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
Can you help me out too, I'm getting a very bad signal in Malaysia with Paranoid Android. Cell standby ends up killing my battery too much. I'm looking for a better radio which is flashable via twrp or any other method.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread