XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] slide2wake / sweep2wake / slide2sleep

Tip us?

dmo580
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 583
Default [Request] slide2wake / sweep2wake / slide2sleep

Just a request for slide2wake/sweep2sleep capabilities in a kernel?

Personally I liked that more than dt2w. I understand that LG introduced double tap 2 wake, and then everyone jumped on that ship, but what's wrong with the old slide2wake/sweep2sleep gestures? Just fumbling with your phone, its very easy to touch the screen twice by accident and wake the phone up.
Current:
OnePlus One | CM 11S | Nexus 5 | crDroid for Nexus 5

Legacy Devices:
LG Nexus 4 | CM 11 Nightlies | Google Nexus 10 | CM 10.2 Nightlies | Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 | CM 11 Nightlies | HP TouchPad | CM 11 Nightly 06072014 | Nexus S i9020a | CM 11 Nightlies | Motorola Milestone | CM 7.2 (16.06.2012)

Battery Testing - Non-BS, Non-Subjective Testing

treChoy
Old
Thanks Meter 116

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580 View Post
Just a request for slide2wake/sweep2sleep capabilities in a kernel?

Personally I liked that more than dt2w. I understand that LG introduced double tap 2 wake, and then everyone jumped on that ship, but what's wrong with the old slide2wake/sweep2sleep gestures? Just fumbling with your phone, its very easy to touch the screen twice by accident and wake the phone up.
It's very plausible for this device, I think. The space between the three off-screen buttons is all touch sensitive. To test it out, enable double tap to wake, and tap in-between the buttons, not on them. The phone will still turn on.
Current Device: OnePlus One
Current ROM: Paranoid Android 4.6 beta1
Current Kernel: Stock

Flame0n
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by treChoy View Post
It's very plausible for this device, I think. The space between the three off-screen buttons is all touch sensitive. To test it out, enable double tap to wake, and tap in-between the buttons, not on them. The phone will still turn on.
Yes, I would love to see this. Coming from a HTC One X, the feature was great. I really missed this feature.