[Request] slide2wake / sweep2wake / slide2sleep

OP dmo580

21st August 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 592

2,145 posts
More
Just a request for slide2wake/sweep2sleep capabilities in a kernel?

Personally I liked that more than dt2w. I understand that LG introduced double tap 2 wake, and then everyone jumped on that ship, but what's wrong with the old slide2wake/sweep2sleep gestures? Just fumbling with your phone, its very easy to touch the screen twice by accident and wake the phone up.
22nd August 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 120

166 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580

Just a request for slide2wake/sweep2sleep capabilities in a kernel?

Personally I liked that more than dt2w. I understand that LG introduced double tap 2 wake, and then everyone jumped on that ship, but what's wrong with the old slide2wake/sweep2sleep gestures? Just fumbling with your phone, its very easy to touch the screen twice by accident and wake the phone up.

It's very plausible for this device, I think. The space between the three off-screen buttons is all touch sensitive. To test it out, enable double tap to wake, and tap in-between the buttons, not on them. The phone will still turn on.
22nd August 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 10

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treChoy

It's very plausible for this device, I think. The space between the three off-screen buttons is all touch sensitive. To test it out, enable double tap to wake, and tap in-between the buttons, not on them. The phone will still turn on.

Yes, I would love to see this. Coming from a HTC One X, the feature was great. I really missed this feature.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread