Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooted OnePlus w/CM11s LCD Density Value

OP ElihuRodriguez

21st August 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Are you able to change the value and have it applied after reboot?

Explanation:
I have an Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S3, & Galaxy S4, all running CM11 (I have only successfully executed this method with Cyanogen CM10 & CM11, haven't tried others).
With a rooted phone and a file explorer app; you are able to go under the root folder and changed the density value of your screen, increasing the resolution per se (think of Paranoid ROM when changing display settings "Phone", "Phablet", "Tablet").

/system/build.prop

open as text and search for variable "ro.sf.lcd_density=320"

320 was the default value on my s3, i personally prefer to change it 280. Save changes and reboot.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING OR RECOMMENDING TO DO THIS ON ANY OF YOUR DEVICES IF YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH WHAT YOU'RE CHANGING. IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO, IT'S AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!

So I repeat, any one been able to successfully pull this off for CM11s?
21st August 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 278

532 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElihuRodriguez

Are you able to change the value and have it applied after reboot?

Explanation:
I have an Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S3, & Galaxy S4, all running CM11 (I have only successfully executed this method with Cyanogen CM10 & CM11, haven't tried others).
With a rooted phone and a file explorer app; you are able to go under the root folder and changed the density value of your screen, increasing the resolution per se (think of Paranoid ROM when changing display settings "Phone", "Phablet", "Tablet").

/system/build.prop

open as text and search for variable "ro.sf.lcd_density=320"

320 was the default value on my s3, i personally prefer to change it 280. Save changes and reboot.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING OR RECOMMENDING TO DO THIS ON ANY OF YOUR DEVICES IF YOU'RE NOT FAMILIAR WITH WHAT YOU'RE CHANGING. IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO, IT'S AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE!

So I repeat, any one been able to successfully pull this off for CM11s?

Yep, running stock on my OPO I was able to change it to 320 and it held through reboot.
21st August 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #3  
Flag Caserta
Thanks Meter: 30

75 posts
More
Yep. Same succes here. I feel confortable with density set to 400 instead of stock 480 dpi.
21st August 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,117

14,253 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes it works, I switch dpi using texdroid.https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...texdroider_dpi
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11s, density, lcd, rooted
Previous Thread Next Thread