FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

[Q] Rooting the chinese version?

252 posts
Thanks Meter: 29
 
By moinsheriff, Senior Member on 22nd August 2014, 10:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hey everyone,
i recently bought the oneplus one from a store. it is the chinese version, but came preinstalled with CM11. Probably the store owner did it because the back of the phone doesnt mention Cyanogenmod. How do i root this phone? when i go into recovery, i get ' Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery <3e> KVT49L
 
 
22nd August 2014, 11:54 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788632

As yours already probably has the bootloader unlocked, skip to step 2.
Alternatively instead of installing the recovery, you can just boot to it - fastboot boot recovery.img and flash the root from recovery afterwards.
22nd August 2014, 12:27 PM |#3  
moinsheriff's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai - UAE
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzhedaj

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788632

As yours already probably has the bootloader unlocked, skip to step 2.
Alternatively instead of installing the recovery, you can just boot to it - fastboot boot recovery.img and flash the root from recovery afterwards.

how do i check if the bootloader is unlocked
22nd August 2014, 12:46 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moinsheriff

how do i check if the bootloader is unlocked

try the command "fastboot oem unlock"
22nd August 2014, 01:31 PM |#5  
devilsshadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 244
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moinsheriff

hey everyone,
i recently bought the oneplus one from a store. it is the chinese version, but came preinstalled with CM11. Probably the store owner did it because the back of the phone doesnt mention Cyanogenmod. How do i root this phone? when i go into recovery, i get ' Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery <3e> KVT49L

Just fastboot flash twrp. I have the Chinese version and it came pre-installed with cm as well and that's what i did to get root.

Sent from my Nexus 7
22nd August 2014, 06:43 PM |#6  
moinsheriff's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai - UAE
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsshadow

Just fastboot flash twrp. I have the Chinese version and it came pre-installed with cm as well and that's what i did to get root.

Sent from my Nexus 7

so my bootloader is already unlocked?
22nd August 2014, 07:44 PM |#7  
moinsheriff's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai - UAE
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzhedaj

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788632

As yours already probably has the bootloader unlocked, skip to step 2.
Alternatively instead of installing the recovery, you can just boot to it - fastboot boot recovery.img and flash the root from recovery afterwards.

I get the below error when trying to flash recovery
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20140822-WA0032.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (71.2 KB, 66 views)
22nd August 2014, 10:03 PM |#8  
kinghu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
[Q] Rooting the chinese version?
Bootloader is not unlocked.

Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2788632 and read/perform the section about unlocking the bootloader before trying to flash a recovery, etc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes