Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Video Player

Tip us?

jswl.dty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Video [Q] Samsung Video Player

Hello Guys,

As all of you know that OPO comes with pre-installed Video Player. Which I am not a huge fan off. I was using Samsung Galaxy S3 in 2013 mid. I love there video player because of the ability to make playback audio in video player at virtual 7.1 which gives a boost to the audio and if you have 5.1 or 7.1 audio muxed in your video source it just make so much of difference in the listening experience. So, that feature I am searching in multiple video players till now. Like MX Player, MX Player Pro, VLC and some others. But found this feature on none of the app. So, is der any way to port that video player app from Samsung S5 or S4 for OPO?.

And my second question is how to make Poweramp as my default music player. Because whenever I plugin my headphone it just pop's up the Play music. So, any help on this.?

Regards

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,851

DONATE TO ME
It wouldn't be possible to make Samsung video player to work on our phones. It is possible, but it takes a lot of work since the video player depends on the TouchWiz framework which is closed source. So that means, you'd have to make a TouchWiz rom which wouldn't be worth making since you're back porting closed source and a lot of functionality would be broken. It could be fixed throughout time but android L would be out by then.

Try disabling play music if you don't use it. Go into poweramp settings audio headset and enable pause and resume at the very top of the options.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

jswl.dty
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the reply. Let me try that out with poweramp