Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Aliexpress seller with no yellow screen

Tip us?

ionutz727
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Aliexpress seller with no yellow screen

Hello. I want this phone since the first rummors appeared, but it scared me a little bit when i read that many people have the yellow screen problem.I want to buy it from aliexpress, seems to be the best prices there. I want to share your experience with the sellers and if it had the screen problem. I know there is a topic in the general section about aliexpress, but i want some straight answers. Thank you
Phone: Motorola Moto G
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KitKat rooted and unlocked

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,244

DONATE TO ME
There's already a thread for this.

Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

wbs3333
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutz727 View Post
Hello. I want this phone since the first rummors appeared, but it scared me a little bit when i read that many people have the yellow screen problem.I want to buy it from aliexpress, seems to be the best prices there. I want to share your experience with the sellers and if it had the screen problem. I know there is a topic in the general section about aliexpress, but i want some straight answers. Thank you
Check on swappa. I have seen multiple phones there with the seller stating that the phone doesn't have any yellow.

d4fseeker
Old
Thanks Meter 434
Just as a warning: depending on where you live, the chinese OPO edition may not have the 3G/LTE bands you need.
Samsung S1Samsung S3Oneplus One

ionutz727
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbs3333 View Post
Check on swappa. I have seen multiple phones there with the seller stating that the phone doesn't have any yellow.
I don't think any seller would say that.

devilsshadow
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4fseeker View Post
Just as a warning: depending on where you live, the chinese OPO edition may not have the 3G/LTE bands you need.
The Chinese OPO has all the bands except some very specific US only LTE bands.

OT:
Doesn't matter where you get your phone from, the yellow screen issue will probably be there in one way or another. I bought my phone from Aliexpress and it had a slight yellow tint at the bottom that slowly went away with usage in a few weeks time.

Contrary to what many would have you believe, the Chinese version and the international version are basically the same. So if you really want to get an OPO, go for it.

And yes it should work great in Romania

Sent from my OnePlus One

wbs3333
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I don't think any seller would say that.
Well not all of them say it but I have seen more than one posting saying that the phone being sell doesn't have yellow band in the bottom. On top of that if they don't specify it you can ask and they will tell you if it does have it or not, plus request additional photos.

ionutz727
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbs3333 View Post
Well not all of them say it but I have seen more than one posting saying that the phone being sell doesn't have yellow band in the bottom. On top of that if they don't specify it you can ask and they will tell you if it does have it or not, plus request additional photos.
I think that this is just marketing. That would mean that every package would be open.

wbs3333
Old
(Last edited by wbs3333; 3rd September 2014 at 09:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I think that this is just marketing. That would mean that every package would be open.
Yes they are open because 90% of the phones sold on swappa are used phones.