Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,123 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Titanium Backup question

Tip us?
 
playya
Old
#11  
playya's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,950
Posts: 5,768
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
lil program called app2zip that I use for this function or I usually back my stuff up to dropbox and just download the specific files I need information for. I kinda prefer to have clean starts on all new phones and I dont play games so never had to worry about that.
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!
The Following User Says Thank You to playya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Lodberg
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 111
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggoryD502 View Post
Greetings all!! I came here from the T-mobile Galaxy S2 forums. I have a question I am needing help with. I have searched all over with no luck.
So I have TB pro, and I used it to make a update.zip of some user apps and data from my S2. Mostly just some games and oddball apps. Absolutely no system apps or anything like that. My question is can I flash that update zip to my new Oneplus one. Yes i have a custom recovery and I am rooted. Thanks in advance!!
I used TB coming from a Nexus 5 and I don't have any issues.
I just synced with the Dropbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lodberg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
GreggoryD502
Old
(Last edited by GreggoryD502; 6th August 2014 at 06:45 AM.)
#13  
GreggoryD502's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 1,897
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Louisville
Thanks to all that responed!! I ended up flashing the update zip and so far so good. I guess im just kinda dumb about using TB to transfer from phone to phone. Thanks again!!
Oneplus One





Use my dropbox link and get us both 250mb extra free
http://db.tt/48zDulPV
 
Aex12
Old
#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2014
I recommend a lot Go Backup over titanium. It has Dropbox and Google Drive sync for "cloud backup" in addition to typical local backup. It also has batch restore and with that you will never need to restore app by app.

Sorry for my English, I am a Spaniard.

Enviado desde mi Lenovo A820
 
zephiK
Old
#15  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,691
Posts: 12,506
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aex12 View Post
I recommend a lot Go Backup over titanium. It has Dropbox and Google Drive sync for "cloud backup" in addition to typical local backup. It also has batch restore and with that you will never need to restore app by app.

Sorry for my English, I am a Spaniard.

Enviado desde mi Lenovo A820
All the features that you listed has been in Titanium Backup for awhile. It has cloud backup, local backup, batch restore/backup.
Some of these features are in the Pro version but the money is definitely worth it. When a new Android version comes out, the developer updates it quite fast to have it working.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

 
DuckMcQUack
Old
#16  
DuckMcQUack's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 102
Posts: 445
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rome
Ww thats so noob from me.

I have TB Pro from a while (since my old Gnex) and i never tought about using the backups to restore my apps on my new devices because i tought that i could have had compatibility issues (even if i dont never ever backup system data).

You never stop to learn lol.
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4
 
zephiK
Old
#17  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,691
Posts: 12,506
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack View Post
Ww thats so noob from me.

I have TB Pro from a while (since my old Gnex) and i never tought about using the backups to restore my apps on my new devices because i tought that i could have had compatibility issues (even if i dont never ever backup system data).

You never stop to learn lol.
I just copy my TitaniumBackup folder from my old phone, copy paste it onto my new phone internal storage and then batch restore including my text messages. So easy to setup my phone

And while titanium backup is restoring all my apps, i go into settings and set up each menu to how it was before. Multi tasking on the fly
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

 
Aex12
Old
#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
All the features that you listed has been in Titanium Backup for awhile. It has cloud backup, local backup, batch restore/backup.
Some of these features are in the Pro version but the money is definitely worth it. When a new Android version comes out, the developer updates it quite fast to have it working.
I didnt find batch restore in TB, and a small but useful feature that Go Backup has but TB not is to backup only the data and not the apk. It is very useful when you want to backup the game data but the APK and OBB are very heavy.

Enviado desde mi Lenovo A820
 
zephiK
Old
#19  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,691
Posts: 12,506
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aex12 View Post
I didnt find batch restore in TB, and a small but useful feature that Go Backup has but TB not is to backup only the data and not the apk. It is very useful when you want to backup the game data but the APK and OBB are very heavy.

Enviado desde mi Lenovo A820
Its a feature in Titanium Backup Pro which is paid. Its been there ever since the beginning. If you use the free version, batch restore is not available.
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes