No registration required

[Q] Titanium Backup question

OP GreggoryD502

6th August 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #11  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,145

6,182 posts
Donate to Me
lil program called app2zip that I use for this function or I usually back my stuff up to dropbox and just download the specific files I need information for. I kinda prefer to have clean starts on all new phones and I dont play games so never had to worry about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to playya For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 31

113 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggoryD502

Greetings all!! I came here from the T-mobile Galaxy S2 forums. I have a question I am needing help with. I have searched all over with no luck.
So I have TB pro, and I used it to make a update.zip of some user apps and data from my S2. Mostly just some games and oddball apps. Absolutely no system apps or anything like that. My question is can I flash that update zip to my new Oneplus one. Yes i have a custom recovery and I am rooted. Thanks in advance!!

I used TB coming from a Nexus 5 and I don't have any issues.
I just synced with the Dropbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lodberg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th August 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 227

1,910 posts
More
Thanks to all that responed!! I ended up flashing the update zip and so far so good. I guess im just kinda dumb about using TB to transfer from phone to phone. Thanks again!!
Last edited by GreggoryD502; 6th August 2014 at 07:45 AM.
11th August 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
I recommend a lot Go Backup over titanium. It has Dropbox and Google Drive sync for "cloud backup" in addition to typical local backup. It also has batch restore and with that you will never need to restore app by app.

Sorry for my English, I am a Spaniard.

Enviado desde mi Lenovo A820
11th August 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,063

14,154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aex12

I recommend a lot Go Backup over titanium. It has Dropbox and Google Drive sync for "cloud backup" in addition to typical local backup. It also has batch restore and with that you will never need to restore app by app.

Sorry for my English, I am a Spaniard.

All the features that you listed has been in Titanium Backup for awhile. It has cloud backup, local backup, batch restore/backup.
Some of these features are in the Pro version but the money is definitely worth it. When a new Android version comes out, the developer updates it quite fast to have it working.
11th August 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #16  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 102

451 posts
More
Ww thats so noob from me.

I have TB Pro from a while (since my old Gnex) and i never tought about using the backups to restore my apps on my new devices because i tought that i could have had compatibility issues (even if i dont never ever backup system data).

You never stop to learn lol.
11th August 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

14,154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack

Ww thats so noob from me.

I have TB Pro from a while (since my old Gnex) and i never tought about using the backups to restore my apps on my new devices because i tought that i could have had compatibility issues (even if i dont never ever backup system data).

You never stop to learn lol.

I just copy my TitaniumBackup folder from my old phone, copy paste it onto my new phone internal storage and then batch restore including my text messages. So easy to setup my phone

And while titanium backup is restoring all my apps, i go into settings and set up each menu to how it was before. Multi tasking on the fly
11th August 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

All the features that you listed has been in Titanium Backup for awhile. It has cloud backup, local backup, batch restore/backup.
Some of these features are in the Pro version but the money is definitely worth it. When a new Android version comes out, the developer updates it quite fast to have it working.

I didnt find batch restore in TB, and a small but useful feature that Go Backup has but TB not is to backup only the data and not the apk. It is very useful when you want to backup the game data but the APK and OBB are very heavy.

11th August 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

14,154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aex12

I didnt find batch restore in TB, and a small but useful feature that Go Backup has but TB not is to backup only the data and not the apk. It is very useful when you want to backup the game data but the APK and OBB are very heavy.

Its a feature in Titanium Backup Pro which is paid. Its been there ever since the beginning. If you use the free version, batch restore is not available.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread