[Q] Way to disable capacitive keys on CM 11S?

OP scott62185

24th August 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Beach, California
Thanks Meter: 167

969 posts
So I'm on rooted stock CM 11S (would like to stay on 11S cause it's running so great and smooth). I don't use the capacitive keys nor the on screen nav bar, I use LMT launcher (which is indispensable, IMO , with this big beautiful phone). One problem, when typing on the keyboard (I use SwiftKey) I often inadvertently hit the capacitive home button when pressing the space bar. Now I know you can disable the capacitive keys on some custom roms, but is there a way to do it on 11S? Maybe with Tasker, but I couldn't see a way to do it. Maybe with Xposed, but I'm using ART (and loving it). Any ideas? Thanks!
24th August 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,322

7,835 posts
More
I don't have the phone yet, but yes you can. In fact, it is, kinda, one of the selling points: choice.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
24th August 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

969 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

I don't have the phone yet, but yes you can. In fact, it is, kinda, one of the selling points: choice.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Yeah, you can choose between on-screen nav bar or capacitive ones but I am not using either one (again, I'm using LMT launcher). So, the capacitive keys are enabled (specifically the home key as you can actually disable the back and menu key in settings by assigning their short press action to "none") and, again, when I type I often accidentally hit the home key and it takes me out of what I'm doing.
24th August 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,322

7,835 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott62185

Yeah, you can choose between on-screen nav bar or capacitive ones but I am not using either one (again, I'm using LMT launcher). So, the capacitive keys are enabled (specifically the home key as you can actually disable the back and menu key in settings by assigning their short press action to "none") and, again, when I type I often accidentally hit the home key and it takes me out of what I'm doing.

Disable Capacitive buttons, then disable software buttons with other tools (there is one, but can't remember the name now though) ,???, profit.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
25th August 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 102

449 posts
More
Gravitybox, xposed module

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
25th August 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

969 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckMcQUack

Gravitybox, xposed module

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yeah, I thought of that but I'm using ART runtime.
25th August 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,208

7,875 posts
More
You can use expanded desktop leaving the status bar visible. The soft keys will show if you drag from the bottom of the screen though.
26th August 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

969 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

You can use expanded desktop leaving the status bar visible. The soft keys will show if you drag from the bottom of the screen though.

How do you leave the status bar visible with expanded desktop? Don't think you can with stock CM11S. Plus, when you bring up the keyboard the hidden nav nar automatically comes up with expanded desktop.
26th August 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,208

7,875 posts
More
Quote:

How do you leave the status bar visible with expanded desktop? Don't think you can with stock CM11S. Plus, when you bring up the keyboard the hidden nav nar automatically comes up with expanded desktop.

Yep that's true. It's under the display and lights menu and shows as expanded desktop style. Oh you can turn off backlights and edit the keylayout file.
26th August 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 104

904 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah, I thought of that but I'm using ART runtime.

Why not go back to Dalvik, ART is not final yet and it almost doesn't make any difference. I tried both but didn't see any advantages of ART just disadvantages of not be able to do some customizations, like you want to do now.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread