UMA/ GAN on the OPO

OP don quixada

18th August 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with "wifi calling" on their OPO? Not VOIP but rather Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) aka Generic Access Network (GAN). I have really bad reception at work and I saw this online so I want to try it out but I don't know if 1) my carrier has it or 2) it works on the OPO. There is sketchy information on this protocol on the net at best. Anybody heard of it and used it? Is it supported on the OPO/ CM11? I know it's a lot of questions...

dq
19th August 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
A mod moved my post to this section but it ended up buried on the third page. I'm re-asking here. Anyone with any experience with this?

dq

Quote:
Originally Posted by don quixada

Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with "wifi calling" on their OPO? Not VOIP but rather Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) aka Generic Access Network (GAN). I have really bad reception at work and I saw this online so I want to try it out but I don't know if 1) my carrier has it or 2) it works on the OPO. There is sketchy information on this protocol on the net at best. Anybody heard of it and used it? Is it supported on the OPO/ CM11? I know it's a lot of questions...

dq

10th September 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 44

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by don quixada

dq

Hi, @don quixada! No, the OPO doesn't natively support T-Mobile UMA (which you already know by now). This would be an absolutely awesome enhancement to CM11S, though!

Please, can one of the CM developers out there pick this up?

https://code.google.com/p/the-ims-op...t-for-android/
http://droidhaxors.wordpress.com/201...cyanogenmod-9/

żGJ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread