FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

[Q] Unable to root my OPO! [SOLVED]

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By suffix642, Member on 20th August 2014, 01:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
20th August 2014, 03:14 PM |#11  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 22,060

Donate to Me
More
Also when your phone boots up, give it a good 1-2 minute before you check if you have root.
Download the SuperSU from the link I provided in the previous post.

Use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...krim.rootcheck to check. A pop up will appear asking if you want to grant or deny access, grant it.

22nd August 2014, 09:19 AM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ok so I found the solution to my problem after flashing supersu using all available recoveries several times!

I unchecked the option "Respect CM root settings" in the SuperSU app and it worked!

btw I can't find a root access setting in the Developers Options. can you guys see it?!
22nd August 2014, 03:08 PM |#13  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 22,060

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffix642

ok so I found the solution to my problem after flashing supersu using all available recoveries several times!

I unchecked the option "Respect CM root settings" in the SuperSU app and it worked!

btw I can't find a root access setting in the Developers Options. can you guys see it?!

Depending what ROM you're using, its missing built-in Superuser. Just use SuperSU
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread