FORUMS

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Sprint Reacts To Jab From T-Mobile

America’s cellular network space has always been a battle of the big four: Verizon, AT&T, … more

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

USB charging issue

1,117 posts
Thanks Meter: 333

By Oomahey, Senior Member on 18th August 2014, 11:25 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th August 2014, 05:57 PM |#11  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,676

More
Opo has higher power requirements. You may need a cable with a 24AWG or better rating (lower allows more current).

Does it work with the stock cable?

26th August 2014, 01:59 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Opo has higher power requirements. You may need a cable with a 24AWG or better rating (lower allows more current).

My OPO works with any cable, though time to charge is the best on stock cable. But my friend's OPO doesn't charge at all. Even on stock cable.

Unable to make sense of it at all. I may sound like a simpleton, but maybe there is some checkbox I ticked somewhere which is preventing this? UGH! :P
Last edited by Oomahey; 26th August 2014 at 02:01 AM.
26th August 2014, 08:59 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 438

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

The phone will work with any cable. Worst-case the cable's resistance and diameter will reduce the maximum charging current significantly but it always will charge the phone.

Quote:

It's because the laptop isn't putting out enough current. It must be at least 2a to charge properly.

No USB port has that much current except maybe for highly specialized ones. USB2 is rated on 0.5Amp, USB3 on 0.9
Of course the phone will take significantly longer to charge or may even discharge when used while plugged in.
26th August 2014, 05:52 PM |#14  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I can say "me too". My one also didn't charge from powered off PC while Nexus 5 plugged in the same PC with same cable charges fine.
When PC is powered on, One charges intermittently. I.e. I plug it in, it charges for some time and then stops. "OS monitor" shows "discharging [USB power]" state.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
13th May 2015, 07:38 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Plug Cannot charge OnePlusOne via USB
I have the same problem.
The problem seems to have started AFTER upgrading O/S to Cyanogen 12.0.
Cannot charge via USB either from my note PC or Mobile BatteryPak (1.7a).
Above comment that 2a power is required is surprising, as I thought 1a is standard. Maybe there is some Cyanogen bug here?
I found in some Forum to make of SETTINGS - STORAGE - USB COMPUTER CONNECTION, but I do have this setting, and still cannot charge the computer.
13th May 2015, 08:46 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taristoblus

I have the same problem.
The problem seems to have started AFTER upgrading O/S to Cyanogen 12.0.
Cannot charge via USB either from my note PC or Mobile BatteryPak (1.7a).
Above comment that 2a power is required is surprising, as I thought 1a is standard. Maybe there is some Cyanogen bug here?
I found in some Forum to make of SETTINGS - STORAGE - USB COMPUTER CONNECTION, but I do have this setting, and still cannot charge the computer.

Quote from google
Quote:

In the USB 1.0 and 2.0 specs, a standard downstream port is capable of delivering up to 500mA (0.5A)

It will charge very slowly but will charge faster if the device is off. If you're using it while it's charging it's like filling a bucket up with water that's got a hole in the bottom. It fills up. But slower than it would if there was no hole.
As for the battery pack I have a 2.0a EE Battery pack and it works fine so it might be related to the analogy above.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread