Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

My vibration doesn't work in Cm!

OP patstar5

3rd August 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

48 posts
Well I have been using oneplus one for a few days and realized it is not vibrating at all. I thought it was defected but it vibrates on startup and when using TWRP recovery. Really don't want to factory reset. You think this is problem with cyanogen mod? If I install another rom will it fix it? Really like cyanogen though... If I don't wipe data when flashing new rom will I still have all my apps and data or will I still need to use titanium backup?
Any help in fixing this without new rom or reset? I fixed permissions already. Is there a file you can edit to adjust vibration settings? I am rooted, bootloader unlocked, and have TWRP installed.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
3rd August 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,211

15,022 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patstar5

Well I have been using oneplus one for a few days and realized it is not vibrating at all. I thought it was defected but it vibrates on startup and when using TWRP recovery. Really don't want to factory reset. You think this is problem with cyanogen mod? If I install another rom will it fix it? Really like cyanogen though... If I don't wipe data when flashing new rom will I still have all my apps and data or will I still need to use titanium backup?
Any help in fixing this without new rom or reset? I fixed permissions already. Is there a file you can edit to adjust vibration settings? I am rooted, bootloader unlocked, and have TWRP installed.

First thing, always wipe data when switching ROMs, always. Not wiping data is opening the door to a world of problems. Now, when you say it isn't vibrating do you mean for phone calls, notifications, what exactly?

Transmitted via Bacon
3rd August 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

48 posts
It is not vibrating at all in cyanogen mod. At all! For phone, notifications, touch, everything! It only vibrates when you turn it on or within twrp

3rd August 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,022 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, I have to ask a stupid question, but you do have vibration enabled right? If so, then I'd suggest you perform a factory reset.

Transmitted via Bacon
3rd August 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

48 posts
Yes I do, under settings it is, on quick settings it is, under SwiftKey it is.

3rd August 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,022 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'd try a factory reset. You're not running a custom kernel are you?

Transmitted via Bacon
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

I'd try a factory reset. You're not running a custom kernel are you?

Transmitted via Bacon

I flashed Pacman rom and vibration works now, battery life is still so so. People claim to get 2 days, I am on 68 and have 1 1/2 hr screen on time. Better than cm but no where close to 5+ hrs people claim to be getting

Sent from my One A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd August 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #8  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6

84 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:

I think this is bug from profiles or quiet hours. The link to cyanogen mod bug-
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-467

I have owned OPO for few days and probably on 2nd day I lost the vibration. This was driving me crazy for last few days, I even raised a ticket with OPO hardware thinking the motor is shot but then I can see that the phone vibrates on bootup. I recently came across someone saying that the file sys/devices/virtual/timed_output/vibrator/enable value staying as 0 is causing the motor to not work. Come to think of it, I started using profiles and quiet hours from next day.

I don't know if there's a workaround editing the enable file value to 1? I think my notification LED light is also not working cause of the issues with quiet hours.
23rd August 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrajjoshi

I think this is bug from profiles or quiet hours. The link to cyanogen mod bug-
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-467

I have owned OPO for few days and probably on 2nd day I lost the vibration. This was driving me crazy for last few days, I even raised a ticket with OPO hardware thinking the motor is shot but then I can see that the phone vibrates on bootup. I recently came across someone saying that the file sys/devices/virtual/timed_output/vibrator/enable value staying as 0 is causing the motor to not work. Come to think of it, I started using profiles and quiet hours from next day.

I don't know if there's a workaround editing the enable file value to 1? I think my notification LED light is also not working cause of the issues with quiet hours.

I ended up switching to Pacman rom and it worked, then I switched back to cm 11s and it still works. The vibrator is not that intense, especially compared to my HTC one m8

Sent from my Oneplus One using XDA Free mobile app.
24th August 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #10  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6

84 posts
More
Quote:

I ended up switching to Pacman rom and it worked, then I switched back to cm 11s and it still works. The vibrator is not that intense, especially compared to my HTC one m8

Sent from my Oneplus One using XDA Free mobile app.

I believe the factory reset works but I have just moved all of my apps (200+) and data to my new OPO. I am not very enthusiastic about re-doing the whole setup. Fingers crossed and hopefully Cyanogen team will fix it very soon. If you like it fixed too, please register with jira.cyanogen and vote for this issue. It might get more attention.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread