Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 43,018 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My vibration doesn't work in Cm!

Tip us?

patstar5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My vibration doesn't work in Cm!

Well I have been using oneplus one for a few days and realized it is not vibrating at all. I thought it was defected but it vibrates on startup and when using TWRP recovery. Really don't want to factory reset. You think this is problem with cyanogen mod? If I install another rom will it fix it? Really like cyanogen though... If I don't wipe data when flashing new rom will I still have all my apps and data or will I still need to use titanium backup?
Any help in fixing this without new rom or reset? I fixed permissions already. Is there a file you can edit to adjust vibration settings? I am rooted, bootloader unlocked, and have TWRP installed.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by patstar5 View Post
Well I have been using oneplus one for a few days and realized it is not vibrating at all. I thought it was defected but it vibrates on startup and when using TWRP recovery. Really don't want to factory reset. You think this is problem with cyanogen mod? If I install another rom will it fix it? Really like cyanogen though... If I don't wipe data when flashing new rom will I still have all my apps and data or will I still need to use titanium backup?
Any help in fixing this without new rom or reset? I fixed permissions already. Is there a file you can edit to adjust vibration settings? I am rooted, bootloader unlocked, and have TWRP installed.

First thing, always wipe data when switching ROMs, always. Not wiping data is opening the door to a world of problems. Now, when you say it isn't vibrating do you mean for phone calls, notifications, what exactly?

Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

patstar5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It is not vibrating at all in cyanogen mod. At all! For phone, notifications, touch, everything! It only vibrates when you turn it on or within twrp

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,211

DONATE TO ME
Ok, I have to ask a stupid question, but you do have vibration enabled right? If so, then I'd suggest you perform a factory reset.

Transmitted via Bacon

patstar5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes I do, under settings it is, on quick settings it is, under SwiftKey it is.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,211

DONATE TO ME
I'd try a factory reset. You're not running a custom kernel are you?

Transmitted via Bacon

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

patstar5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
I'd try a factory reset. You're not running a custom kernel are you?

Transmitted via Bacon
I flashed Pacman rom and vibration works now, battery life is still so so. People claim to get 2 days, I am on 68 and have 1 1/2 hr screen on time. Better than cm but no where close to 5+ hrs people claim to be getting

Sent from my One A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

swrajjoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

I think this is bug from profiles or quiet hours. The link to cyanogen mod bug-
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-467

I have owned OPO for few days and probably on 2nd day I lost the vibration. This was driving me crazy for last few days, I even raised a ticket with OPO hardware thinking the motor is shot but then I can see that the phone vibrates on bootup. I recently came across someone saying that the file sys/devices/virtual/timed_output/vibrator/enable value staying as 0 is causing the motor to not work. Come to think of it, I started using profiles and quiet hours from next day.

I don't know if there's a workaround editing the enable file value to 1? I think my notification LED light is also not working cause of the issues with quiet hours.
Using - OnePlus One (stock Cyanogen 11s)

Phones owned - Nokia 6200 | HTC 8525 | Apple iPhone 3G | Samsung Galaxy S | Blackberry Torch| Apple iPhone 4s | Sony Xperia Z | OnePlus One

patstar5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrajjoshi View Post
I think this is bug from profiles or quiet hours. The link to cyanogen mod bug-
https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-467

I have owned OPO for few days and probably on 2nd day I lost the vibration. This was driving me crazy for last few days, I even raised a ticket with OPO hardware thinking the motor is shot but then I can see that the phone vibrates on bootup. I recently came across someone saying that the file sys/devices/virtual/timed_output/vibrator/enable value staying as 0 is causing the motor to not work. Come to think of it, I started using profiles and quiet hours from next day.

I don't know if there's a workaround editing the enable file value to 1? I think my notification LED light is also not working cause of the issues with quiet hours.
I ended up switching to Pacman rom and it worked, then I switched back to cm 11s and it still works. The vibrator is not that intense, especially compared to my HTC one m8

Sent from my Oneplus One using XDA Free mobile app.

swrajjoshi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I ended up switching to Pacman rom and it worked, then I switched back to cm 11s and it still works. The vibrator is not that intense, especially compared to my HTC one m8

Sent from my Oneplus One using XDA Free mobile app.
I believe the factory reset works but I have just moved all of my apps (200+) and data to my new OPO. I am not very enthusiastic about re-doing the whole setup. Fingers crossed and hopefully Cyanogen team will fix it very soon. If you like it fixed too, please register with jira.cyanogen and vote for this issue. It might get more attention.
Using - OnePlus One (stock Cyanogen 11s)

Phones owned - Nokia 6200 | HTC 8525 | Apple iPhone 3G | Samsung Galaxy S | Blackberry Torch| Apple iPhone 4s | Sony Xperia Z | OnePlus One