Would be so awesome for 64gb version !

Cheers
8th July 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Near Paris
Thanks Meter: 348

896 posts
Donate to Me
More
You must ask Tassadar, multirom creator, who will confirm (or not) if hardware is compatible

IF it is, we will have to wait for a compatible kernel
13th July 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 14

546 posts
More
Also interested in seeing a Multirom port.
14th July 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 912

2,386 posts
More
Would be interested as well. So @Tasssadar, can you help here?

EDIT: Just did a quick read on the wiki... Looks like we should be able to port it ourselves. Maybe I'll look into it when I find some time. But everyone is invited to do so as well!

EDIT2: See here: https://github.com/Tasssadar/multiro...rting-MultiROM
Last edited by dansou901; 14th July 2014 at 01:34 PM.
14th July 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 4,675

703 posts
Donate to Me
More
As in FAQ:
Will you port MultiROM to device X?
No, probably. I won't port MultiROM to any device I don't own, because it is very difficult to provide the level of support I want to provide if I can't test things myself, as proven by the Nexus 4 port. I'll probably keep buying Nexus devices and keep porting MultiROM to those myself, but I can't buy every single device - I'm still a student, all my existing devices were bought using some kind of money grant or donations from users.
But, you can port it yourself, the wiki should give you at least some idea how to do that: https://github.com/Tasssadar/multiro...rting-MultiROM
tl;dr: get me the device or port and maintain it yourself.

I won't know how "hard" (what does that even mean?) it is to port MultiROM to X until I have the device in my hands, but it should be possible. I see you've already found the wiki, there's a bit of info about porting there. Kexec-hardboot patch will be the "hardest", since you need to know a bit about how linux boots on ARM devices. Or just blind guessing, that seems to work for some people too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen

2,386 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

As in FAQ:

I won't know how "hard" (what does that even mean?) it is to port MultiROM to X until I have the device in my hands, but it should be possible. I see you've already found the wiki, there's a bit of info about porting there. Kexec-hardboot patch will be the "hardest", since you need to know a bit about how linux boots on ARM devices. Or just blind guessing, that seems to work for some people too.

Thanks, luckily I know some things about this already. So shouldn't be that hard for me. Hardest thing will be to find time to actually do it. As this device don't have an sdcard, that part is already covered. I do however have to take a look at the ramdisk for that patch...
22nd July 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #7  
Flag Woodridge
Thanks Meter: 5

23 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

Well if I win one I'll give it to you. Its the least I could do for all the great work you do for the community!
Thanks Tasssadar!
22nd July 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #8  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,157 posts
More
lol, I was just about to post about this. From what I remember the Devs for each of the other kernels just have to add in the multirom code in to their kernel for multirom support. Pretty easy from what I heard. Otherwise I reached out to the dev for multirom today to see if this will be coming to OPO.
The Following User Says Thank You to synergeticink For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 01:26 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen

2,386 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergeticink

lol, I was just about to post about this. From what I remember the Devs for each of the other kernels just have to add in the multirom code in to their kernel for multirom support. Pretty easy from what I heard. Otherwise I reached out to the dev for multirom today to see if this will be coming to OPO.

I already did this in the posts above... He won't support it himself, but we can port it ourselves. Looks not that hard.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th July 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
More
I'd love to see MultiRom on the OnePlus One as well. If someone could port it, that would be amazing!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread