Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Vibration not working on franco kernel

Tip us?

knzzz
Old
(Last edited by knzzz; 13th August 2014 at 04:16 AM.) Reason: Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Vibration not working on franco kernel

Updated to v9 today...after receiving a call (did vibrate), I found that all kinds of vibration stopped working, even in recovery mode.

I googled it and find https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/v...g.76462/page-2 that someone else is having the same problem with franco. I am so frustrated as it seems that only full reflash can fix the problem.

Anyone has others solution on it?

ROM: Stock CM 11S
Kernel: franco.Kernel v9

I did change according to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=271 today. Not sure if it relates to the issue.

PS Don't have the permission to ask in franco thread so I better post it here...

Solved:
My solution is to accidentally drop the phone on the ground and make a scratch on the silver edge. And the vibration is back. It is a hardware problem. But maybe it is triggered by a software issue...

patstar5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by knzzz View Post
Updated to v9 today...after receiving a call (did vibrate), I found that all kinds of vibration stopped working, even in recovery mode.

I googled it and find https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/v...g.76462/page-2 that someone else is having the same problem with franco. I am so frustrated as it seems that only full reflash can fix the problem.

Anyone has others solution on it?

ROM: Stock CM 11S
Kernel: franco.Kernel v9

I did change according to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=271 today. Not sure if it relates to the issue.

PS Don't have the permission to ask in franco thread so I better post it here...
I have has problems with vibrations too, It worked in recovery but not in Cm 11s, I installed Pacman rom and now it works, also works with Franco kernel but use aosp.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,751

DONATE TO ME
Try updating to r10 and see if the problem still occurs.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

knzzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I am on r10 now but still no vibration in any circumstances...I have once restored the vibration after many trials of wipe (in recovery mode) and reflash but when I signed in my google account with "backup & restore" box checked, it lost again. So i think it should be a software problem. Unfortunately I couldn't restore the vibration again as I forgot my actual steps at that time.

I will try flashing asop when I am free. Thanks.

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am on r10 now but still no vibration in any circumstances...I have once restored the vibration after many trials of wipe (in recovery mode) and reflash but when I signed in my google account with "backup & restore" box checked, it lost again. So i think it should be a software problem. Unfortunately I couldn't restore the vibration again as I forgot my actual steps at that time.

I will try flashing asop when I am free. Thanks.
How many other kernels have you tried as well for troubleshooting purposes?
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!

knzzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
How many other kernels have you tried as well for troubleshooting purposes?
I just tried stock. I used to think to fix the problem I can only wipe everything and do full reflash via fastboot posted in OP. However I just can't format 'userdata' as I mentioned in my other post http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...tboot-t2839512.

Again I will try to flash another kernel to see if it works. Thanks.

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I just tried stock. I used to think to fix the problem I can only wipe everything and do full reflash via fastboot posted in OP. However I just can't format 'userdata' as I mentioned in my other post http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...tboot-t2839512.

Again I will try to flash another kernel to see if it works. Thanks.
That's a lot to do to try and fix issue. I would restore my nandroid that was working prior to flashing kernel and flash another kernel for testing.
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!

knzzz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Solved!!!

My solution is to accidentally drop the phone on the ground and make a scratch on the silver edge. And the vibration is back. I should thank the maid who bumped into me.

So I am wrong it is a hardware problem. But maybe it is becoz the vibration strength was low and somehow break the vibrator.