Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Vibration not working on franco kernel

OP knzzz

4th August 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Updated to v9 today...after receiving a call (did vibrate), I found that all kinds of vibration stopped working, even in recovery mode.

I googled it and find https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/v...g.76462/page-2 that someone else is having the same problem with franco. I am so frustrated as it seems that only full reflash can fix the problem.

Anyone has others solution on it?

ROM: Stock CM 11S
Kernel: franco.Kernel v9

I did change according to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=271 today. Not sure if it relates to the issue.

PS Don't have the permission to ask in franco thread so I better post it here...


Solved:
My solution is to accidentally drop the phone on the ground and make a scratch on the silver edge. And the vibration is back. It is a hardware problem. But maybe it is triggered by a software issue...
Last edited by knzzz; 13th August 2014 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Solved
9th August 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by knzzz

Updated to v9 today...after receiving a call (did vibrate), I found that all kinds of vibration stopped working, even in recovery mode.

I googled it and find https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/v...g.76462/page-2 that someone else is having the same problem with franco. I am so frustrated as it seems that only full reflash can fix the problem.

Anyone has others solution on it?

ROM: Stock CM 11S
Kernel: franco.Kernel v9

I did change according to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=271 today. Not sure if it relates to the issue.

PS Don't have the permission to ask in franco thread so I better post it here...

I have has problems with vibrations too, It worked in recovery but not in Cm 11s, I installed Pacman rom and now it works, also works with Franco kernel but use aosp.
9th August 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,115
 
14,252 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Try updating to r10 and see if the problem still occurs.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
11th August 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I am on r10 now but still no vibration in any circumstances...I have once restored the vibration after many trials of wipe (in recovery mode) and reflash but when I signed in my google account with "backup & restore" box checked, it lost again. So i think it should be a software problem. Unfortunately I couldn't restore the vibration again as I forgot my actual steps at that time.

I will try flashing asop when I am free. Thanks.
11th August 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #5  
playya's Avatar
Senior Member
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,151
 
6,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by knzzz

I am on r10 now but still no vibration in any circumstances...I have once restored the vibration after many trials of wipe (in recovery mode) and reflash but when I signed in my google account with "backup & restore" box checked, it lost again. So i think it should be a software problem. Unfortunately I couldn't restore the vibration again as I forgot my actual steps at that time.

I will try flashing asop when I am free. Thanks.

How many other kernels have you tried as well for troubleshooting purposes?
11th August 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya

How many other kernels have you tried as well for troubleshooting purposes?

I just tried stock. I used to think to fix the problem I can only wipe everything and do full reflash via fastboot posted in OP. However I just can't format 'userdata' as I mentioned in my other post http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...tboot-t2839512.

Again I will try to flash another kernel to see if it works. Thanks.
11th August 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #7  
playya's Avatar
Senior Member
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,151
 
6,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by knzzz

I just tried stock. I used to think to fix the problem I can only wipe everything and do full reflash via fastboot posted in OP. However I just can't format 'userdata' as I mentioned in my other post http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...tboot-t2839512.

Again I will try to flash another kernel to see if it works. Thanks.

That's a lot to do to try and fix issue. I would restore my nandroid that was working prior to flashing kernel and flash another kernel for testing.
13th August 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Solved!!!

My solution is to accidentally drop the phone on the ground and make a scratch on the silver edge. And the vibration is back. I should thank the maid who bumped into me.

So I am wrong it is a hardware problem. But maybe it is becoz the vibration strength was low and somehow break the vibrator.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes