Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Where do I find the official cm11s nightlies?

OP stu5797

7th October 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 245

1,385 posts
More
I would like to use the official ones they are testing for our phone. Can someone lend me a hand?
7th October 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,745

2,335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797

I would like to use the official ones they are testing for our phone. Can someone lend me a hand?

No such thing as CM11S nightlies.

Only CM11 nightlies, which are located here: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=bacon
The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 245

1,385 posts
More
Mind me asking what the difference is between the 2 cm11 Roms?
7th October 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #4  

2,335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797

Mind me asking what the difference is between the 2 cm11 Roms?

CM11S is an outdated CM11 ROM meant to be an official OEM release. It comes with Hexo CM11 theme.

CM11 updates every night, bug fixes fixed real-time pushed to you every day.
7th October 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,103

14,223 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

CM11S is an outdated CM11 ROM meant to be an official OEM release. It comes with Hexo CM11 theme.

CM11 updates every night, bug fixes fixed real-time pushed to you every day.

CM11S isn't really "outdated" its just the most stable release that passes the QA (Quality Assurance) test and is certified by Google.
CM11 more or less gives you a preview of what will be available in the next OTA. You can add your CM11S apps onto CM11 nightlies. http://www.cmxlog.com/11/bacon/ for the changelog.

To OP, you could have simply Google searched your answer.... next time please do that.
http://www.cultofandroid.com/67917/o...yanogenmod-11/
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #6  

2,335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

CM11S isn't really "outdated" its just the most stable release that passes the QA (Quality Assurance) test and is certified by Google.
CM11 more or less gives you a preview of what will be available in the next OTA. You can add your CM11S apps onto CM11 nightlies. http://www.cmxlog.com/11/bacon/ for the changelog.

To OP, you could have simply Google searched your answer.... next time please do that.
http://www.cultofandroid.com/67917/o...yanogenmod-11/

Only reason why I call it outdated is because when CM11 had the latest touch fix to fix ghost touches, I'm all up to my friends saying "THE TOUCHES FEELS SO GOOD U SHOULD TRY IT OH WAIT HAHAHAH".... Yeah... I'm weird.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk VIP
7th October 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

14,223 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Only reason why I call it outdated is because when CM11 had the latest touch fix to fix ghost touches, I'm all up to my friends saying "THE TOUCHES FEELS SO GOOD U SHOULD TRY IT OH WAIT HAHAHAH".... Yeah... I'm weird.

Well... to be fair, you can use CM11S and use a custom kernel to have the new touchscreen firmware.
It just hasn't been updated because they're still working on other things other than the touchscreen firmware.

I do agree that they should do a small hotfix on that part, instead of waiting for everything all at once.
7th October 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #8  

2,335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well... to be fair, you can use CM11S and use a custom kernel to have the new touchscreen firmware.
It just hasn't been updated because they're still working on other things other than the touchscreen firmware.

I do agree that they should do a small hotfix on that part, instead of waiting for everything all at once.

That's true, but it's more of a reason to convince people to switch from 11S to 11 or just AOSP custom roms in general.

But you're still missing out on newer potential features for the phone still only available to find on AOSP over 11S....which required a rom upgrade, like the screen artifact update.

Last edited by nicholaschum; 7th October 2014 at 07:28 AM.
7th October 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY

14,223 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's true, but it's more of a reason to convince people to switch from 11S to 11 or just AOSP custom roms in general.

But you're still missing out on newer potential features for the phone still only available to find on AOSP over 11S....which required a rom upgrade, like the screen artifact update.

Actually CM11S XNPH33R + kernel with the new touchscreen firmware has no problems... strange right?
No screen artifacts whatsoever
7th October 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #10  

2,335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Actually CM11S XNPH33R + kernel with the new touchscreen firmware has no problems... strange right?
No screen artifacts whatsoever

But that's the thing.... It doesn't have screen artifacts because it doesn't have the partial display commit update in the room so kernel developers don't add that in... Right? o.o

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread