Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 53,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to connect 3g or 4g

Tip us?

Ziglez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Unable to connect 3g or 4g

I have the chinese version of the opo and i'm having issues connecting to the any 3g or 4g, i just get EDGE. I've tried cyanogenmod m9, latest nightly and colorOS which came with the phone. Has anyone had similar issues?. I've got a friend that has the same phone, same carrier, but gets 3g and 4g.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,889

DONATE TO ME
What part of the world are you in? What carrier are you on?
Are you connected to the right APN?
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kevinlanyou
Old
Thanks Meter 0
maybe you sim card no support 4g

Sent from my ZTE N909 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

maybe *#*#4636#*#*

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,889

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlanyou View Post
maybe you sim card no support 4g

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

maybe *#*#4636#*#*

His SIM card should still at least support 3G. We're not sure whether or not OP lives in USA or whatnot.
He does have the Chinese version which is incapable of getting LTE speeds on U.S. carriers.

Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

Ziglez
Old
(Last edited by Ziglez; 16th August 2014 at 03:28 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
His SIM card should still at least support 3G. We're not sure whether or not OP lives in USA or whatnot.
He does have the Chinese version which is incapable of getting LTE speeds on U.S. carriers.
Hey, so i went to work today, and had 3g and 4g while at work, it seems i just can't get 3g in my house, it's not a huge issue cause i can just use wifi, just seems weird.

Edit:i get 3g with my old phone though in my room.

zephiK
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,889

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziglez View Post
Hey, so i went to work today, and had 3g and 4g while at work, it seems i just can't get 3g in my house, it's not a huge issue cause i can just use wifi, just seems weird.

Edit:i get 3g with my old phone though in my room.
Ah so its just a carrier problem not providing 3g/4g in your house. See if you can get a signal booster or something of that sort?
I was hoping with the 30O update there would be a baseband update but there wasn't.

The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ziglez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Ah so its just a carrier problem not providing 3g/4g in your house. See if you can get a signal booster or something of that sort?
I was hoping with the 30O update there would be a baseband update but there wasn't.
It's fine for now, i have wifi, I could change to a carrier that has better 4g support, i know they have a 4g tower nearby, but Australia carriers are terrible.

Thanks for the responses though.

Ziglez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Now i have an issue, i'm getting drop outs, not just the 3g, but my signal will just drop out. I know some people fixed this with the latest modem from m8. But i flashed it, didn't seem to change anything.