Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi unable to reconnect when coming back in range

Tip us?

kroogar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinga View Post
Yes I have. And I have followed that post once before and it worked like a charm. But I was hoping for an image that I could flash using TWRP.

BUT... Weirdest thing... I've been shuffling back and forth between a couple of backups I have: Mahdi, CM11S, CM11 M9 and so yesterday I restored CM11 M9 and this morning on my way to work my phone actually reconnected by itself to the WiFi on the train. AND also now that I'm at work. It has NEVER done that before.

I have no idea what has been done. I have removed one app that I installed to try to analyze what was wrong (Smart WiFi Toggler). I also got a new router at home but that really can't make my phone connect to other networks... right?

It's really weird and I'm almost afraid to touch my phone now out of fear that WiFi will stop working...

kevinga
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroogar View Post
Yes I have. And I have followed that post once before and it worked like a charm. But I was hoping for an image that I could flash using TWRP.

BUT... Weirdest thing... I've been shuffling back and forth between a couple of backups I have: Mahdi, CM11S, CM11 M9 and so yesterday I restored CM11 M9 and this morning on my way to work my phone actually reconnected by itself to the WiFi on the train. AND also now that I'm at work. It has NEVER done that before.

I have no idea what has been done. I have removed one app that I installed to try to analyze what was wrong (Smart WiFi Toggler). I also got a new router at home but that really can't make my phone connect to other networks... right?

It's really weird and I'm almost afraid to touch my phone now out of fear that WiFi will stop working...
Thats great news! Since you seem to have it working now, go ahead and do a nandroid on this one!

Oneplus 64GB
D800 32GB
CM11 nightlies
TWRP 2.7.1.0
Google Now Launcher, Xposed GEL, Tasker, Gravity Box

kroogar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Thats great news! Since you seem to have it working now, go ahead and do a nandroid on this one!
I'm afraid to reboot it... what if it stops working

But it's still a bug that should be addressed.

kevinga
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroogar View Post
I'm afraid to reboot it... what if it stops working

But it's still a bug that should be addressed.
Still working??

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

Oneplus 64GB
D800 32GB
CM11 nightlies
TWRP 2.7.1.0
Google Now Launcher, Xposed GEL, Tasker, Gravity Box

kroogar
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Still working??
Indeed it is

And I've managed to make a nandroid backup w/o breaking it

Little by little I'm adding apps from CM11S. Today I've added the camera. Then I'll see if the WiFi problem... resurrects

Cuzz1369
Old
Thanks Meter 1,456

DONATE TO ME
Did anyone try disable battery optimization in wifi settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
CandyKat Team Member/Maintaner

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5088242_2.gif

http://the-candy-shop.co/index.html