Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wifi unable to reconnect when coming back in range

OP kroogar

19th August 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14

172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinga

Have you seen this thread? http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...stock-t2826541

Yes I have. And I have followed that post once before and it worked like a charm. But I was hoping for an image that I could flash using TWRP.

BUT... Weirdest thing... I've been shuffling back and forth between a couple of backups I have: Mahdi, CM11S, CM11 M9 and so yesterday I restored CM11 M9 and this morning on my way to work my phone actually reconnected by itself to the WiFi on the train. AND also now that I'm at work. It has NEVER done that before.

I have no idea what has been done. I have removed one app that I installed to try to analyze what was wrong (Smart WiFi Toggler). I also got a new router at home but that really can't make my phone connect to other networks... right?

It's really weird and I'm almost afraid to touch my phone now out of fear that WiFi will stop working...
19th August 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #32  
Flag Loganville
Thanks Meter: 26

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroogar

Yes I have. And I have followed that post once before and it worked like a charm. But I was hoping for an image that I could flash using TWRP.

BUT... Weirdest thing... I've been shuffling back and forth between a couple of backups I have: Mahdi, CM11S, CM11 M9 and so yesterday I restored CM11 M9 and this morning on my way to work my phone actually reconnected by itself to the WiFi on the train. AND also now that I'm at work. It has NEVER done that before.

I have no idea what has been done. I have removed one app that I installed to try to analyze what was wrong (Smart WiFi Toggler). I also got a new router at home but that really can't make my phone connect to other networks... right?

It's really weird and I'm almost afraid to touch my phone now out of fear that WiFi will stop working...

Thats great news! Since you seem to have it working now, go ahead and do a nandroid on this one!
19th August 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member

172 posts
Quote:

Thats great news! Since you seem to have it working now, go ahead and do a nandroid on this one!

I'm afraid to reboot it... what if it stops working

But it's still a bug that should be addressed.
21st August 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #34  
Flag Loganville
Thanks Meter: 26

136 posts
More
Quote:

I'm afraid to reboot it... what if it stops working

But it's still a bug that should be addressed.

Still working??

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app
21st August 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member

172 posts
Quote:

Still working??

Indeed it is

And I've managed to make a nandroid backup w/o breaking it

Little by little I'm adding apps from CM11S. Today I've added the camera. Then I'll see if the WiFi problem... resurrects
29th August 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #36  
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 2,077

2,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did anyone try disable battery optimization in wifi settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
16th October 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #37  
Flag Bucuresti

68 posts
More
Same problem here. Last update, no root, no new theme installed. Will solve if I turn Wi-Fi off/on.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
12th November 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 7

26 posts
Thumbs up Solution to the Issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muale

Same problem here. Last update, no root, no new theme installed. Will solve if I turn Wi-Fi off/on.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I found a solution to the issue.

First off I tried factory reset and installing mahdi and then back to cm11s once they released 44s.
I removed the saved wifi networks and re-entered the passwords again and still the same reconnecting issue.

SOLUTION:
Warning, you will have to re-enter all of your passwords but I suggest you use an app like "FREE WiFi Password Recovery" to download a txt file of all of your stored passwords... that way you can just copy and paste them later on instead of having to ask all of your friends for their wifi passwords again.

Once you have the passwords backed up download an app called "FXR WiFi fix and rescue" from the play store. It felt highly unlikely that an app would fix this issue but it works. Run it and it should fix your wifi connectivity and re-connectivity issues.

I've tested my phone out on multiple networks over the past few days and it seems to have fixed it completely.
The Following User Says Thank You to jkentj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
More
kernel
I would unlock the bootloader if your comfortable doing it, flash stock cm11s rom newest update and flash newest AK Kernel, ive had similar issues and the kernel was the only thing i changed and has no problems after that.

Quote:

I have this rather annoying problem with my OPO: When I'm on WiFi and go out of range and get within range of another WiFi (eg leaving from home in the morning and getting on the train where there's also WiFi) my OPO will not connect.

I've tried switching WiFi off and back on, tried forgetting network and connecting again but the network just displays as "Saved". Only thing that works is a reboot. Funny thing is that it actually detects open WiFi's and displays the question mark in the notification bar.

I've read that themes can cause WiFi problems so I haven't changed that. I'm using the Apex launcher with no visual changes.

I've rooted my phone but left the bootloader locked.

Any advice?

13th November 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #40  
OP Senior Member

172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmd3746

I would unlock the bootloader if your comfortable doing it, flash stock cm11s rom newest update and flash newest AK Kernel, ive had similar issues and the kernel was the only thing i changed and has no problems after that.

This problem has actually been fixed for me some time ago. The solution I was directed to was this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...-data-t2836389

I flashed a couple of different ROMs (including ColorOS) and at one point when I got back to CM 11 M9 the problem had gone. Thankfully it has never reoccurred and even though I'm happy that my phone is working now I would have liked to just nail the problem. A kernel issue sounds like a valid cause but I've never flashed a different kernel and now everything works. #happycamper

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread