Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wrong kernel : black screen, no fastboot, no adb, no factory reset

Tip us?
 
om22
Old
#201  
om22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 1,057
Join Date: Feb 2013
This defenitely needs to be sorted out. All kernel developers should make their kernel zips with a device assert. I know many people who flashed a nexus 4 kernel to a nexus 5, also corrupting one of the bootloader partitions.
Bacon: SlimKAT // AK Kernel
 
maroc84
Old
#202  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by om22 View Post
This defenitely needs to be sorted out. All kernel developers should make their kernel zips with a device assert. I know many people who flashed a nexus 4 kernel to a nexus 5, also corrupting one of the bootloader partitions.
I came from Nexus5 and never had any problem like this. Everything worked like a charm. So on this device I was shocked the same procedere caused serious problems. Only differece was that in the factory images of N5 include a script to execute...
 
om22
Old
#203  
om22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 1,057
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroc84 View Post
I came from Nexus5 and never had any problem like this. Everything worked like a charm. So on this device I was shocked the same procedere caused serious problems. Only differece was that in the factory images of N5 include a script to execute...
You didn't flash a kernel for the nexus 4 on your nexus 5 so you haven't had any problems. If you watch not to flash a kernel from another device this won't happen to you.

This can happen on any device.
Bacon: SlimKAT // AK Kernel
 
maroc84
Old
#204  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 25
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by om22 View Post
You didn't flash a kernel for the nexus 4 on your nexus 5 so you haven't had any problems. If you watch not to flash a kernel from another device this won't happen to you.

This can happen on any device.
Sorry, didn't got that .. Of course I did not flash a wrong kernel from another device
 
ToniPwned
Old
#205  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2014
Default How to install the Quallcom drivers ;s?

I dont get it, how the fudge do i install those drivers. Tried to update them via device manager but it just wont work.. someone post a tuto or sth for me plz My opo still bricked ;(
 
MICa.fighter
Old
#206  
MICa.fighter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 360
Posts: 523
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Debrecen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniPwned View Post
I dont get it, how the fudge do i install those drivers. Tried to update them via device manager but it just wont work.. someone post a tuto or sth for me plz My opo still bricked ;(
Look at post #136 in this thread, its pretty detailed.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes