Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wrong kernel : black screen, no fastboot, no adb, no factory reset

Tip us?

om22
Old
Thanks Meter 430
This defenitely needs to be sorted out. All kernel developers should make their kernel zips with a device assert. I know many people who flashed a nexus 4 kernel to a nexus 5, also corrupting one of the bootloader partitions.
Bacon: SlimKAT // AK Kernel

maroc84
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by om22 View Post
This defenitely needs to be sorted out. All kernel developers should make their kernel zips with a device assert. I know many people who flashed a nexus 4 kernel to a nexus 5, also corrupting one of the bootloader partitions.
I came from Nexus5 and never had any problem like this. Everything worked like a charm. So on this device I was shocked the same procedere caused serious problems. Only differece was that in the factory images of N5 include a script to execute...

om22
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroc84 View Post
I came from Nexus5 and never had any problem like this. Everything worked like a charm. So on this device I was shocked the same procedere caused serious problems. Only differece was that in the factory images of N5 include a script to execute...
You didn't flash a kernel for the nexus 4 on your nexus 5 so you haven't had any problems. If you watch not to flash a kernel from another device this won't happen to you.

This can happen on any device.
Bacon: SlimKAT // AK Kernel

maroc84
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by om22 View Post
You didn't flash a kernel for the nexus 4 on your nexus 5 so you haven't had any problems. If you watch not to flash a kernel from another device this won't happen to you.

This can happen on any device.
Sorry, didn't got that .. Of course I did not flash a wrong kernel from another device

ToniPwned
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to install the Quallcom drivers ;s?

I dont get it, how the fudge do i install those drivers. Tried to update them via device manager but it just wont work.. someone post a tuto or sth for me plz My opo still bricked ;(

MICa.fighter
Old
Thanks Meter 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniPwned View Post
I dont get it, how the fudge do i install those drivers. Tried to update them via device manager but it just wont work.. someone post a tuto or sth for me plz My opo still bricked ;(
Look at post #136 in this thread, its pretty detailed.