No registration required

[Q] Wrong kernel : black screen, no fastboot, no adb, no factory reset

OP DSwissK

19th November 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #241  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 16

32 posts
More
Dear un1ocked, not programing, if your partition table is out of order (no boot partition, phone cant boot), you can send the flasher (MPRG8974.mbn, not hex, mbn format) and the bootpartition (8974_msimage.mbn) to the phone, the phone does not come alive but is ready complete system restore. Whats the exact problem ? Maybe there is an other way.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy126

If you can get into fastboot mode then you are golden. If not, you really don't have a choice. JTAG is probally your only option or send it into OnePlus for repair.

Still talking about jtag ? Days passed, i think i proved no need for jtag as long as you have any port from the phone, cheers.
20th November 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #242  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by os_man

Dear un1ocked, not programing, if your partition table is out of order (no boot partition, phone cant boot), you can send the flasher (MPRG8974.mbn, not hex, mbn format) and the bootpartition (8974_msimage.mbn) to the phone, the phone does not come alive but is ready complete system restore. Whats the exact problem ? Maybe there is an other way.

os_man: I've been reading the forums (this and others) and I'm unable to find clear instructions on how to send just MPRG8974.mbn and 8974_msimage.mbn to the device. I've tried QPST 2.7 build 411, but to be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing, and it seems to want a .hex file (which I don't have)

I've looked through the QPST manual, and countless XDA threads, but haven't been able to get any further ahead.

Would you mind quickly explaining the process to do this? I haven't had any success getting the download tool from the Color OS image to flash my device, even though the drivers seem to be installed correctly. (I've tried on three XP boxes, one Vista, two Windows 7 and two Windows 8.1 computers) Both the ColorOS drivers and the Qualcomm drivers seem to work fine for me on every computer, and they all detect the phone just fine as 9008 sometimes as QHUSB__BULK, and sometimes as QHUSB_ARMPRG, but never any driver errors.)

Using the Qualcomm download tool in color.zip, the phone is detected, and appears to being processing the 8974_msimage.mbn, but then quickly turns red and stops.
Last edited by janguo; 20th November 2014 at 08:04 PM.
22nd November 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #243  
Flag istanbul

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janguo

os_man: I've been reading the forums (this and others) and I'm unable to find clear instructions on how to send just MPRG8974.mbn and 8974_msimage.mbn to the device. I've tried QPST 2.7 build 411, but to be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing, and it seems to want a .hex file (which I don't have)

I've looked through the QPST manual, and countless XDA threads, but haven't been able to get any further ahead.

Would you mind quickly explaining the process to do this? I haven't had any success getting the download tool from the Color OS image to flash my device, even though the drivers seem to be installed correctly. (I've tried on three XP boxes, one Vista, two Windows 7 and two Windows 8.1 computers) Both the ColorOS drivers and the Qualcomm drivers seem to work fine for me on every computer, and they all detect the phone just fine as 9008 sometimes as QHUSB__BULK, and sometimes as QHUSB_ARMPRG, but never any driver errors.)

Using the Qualcomm download tool in color.zip, the phone is detected, and appears to being processing the 8974_msimage.mbn, but then quickly turns red and stops.

First of all, the port 9008 should turn to port 9006 (diag ) after the phone gets 8974_msimage.mbn and MPRG8974.mbn. No need for hex file as the mbn file is the same (mbn is qualcomm format). If drivers are ok as you say (seems so), oh and no need for Xp or Win7 32bit, you can do every step on a 64 bir 8.1 even ( as long as you work in Test Mode you can install any driver withou any problem).
The picture is taken from from Lenovo thread from a forum i cant remember, its for unbrick of Lenovo K910, but the way is the same. "flash_local.xml = Settings.xml in color os folder, you just correct the path's ( the path of 8974_msimage.mbn and MPRG8974.mbn ) by opening it. Then as decribed in the picture, unthick "Program MMC device", dont select it, we must first send mbn's, so only "Program Boot Loaders" should be selected. You just do first 3 steps, then hit Download, if the port turns from 9008 to 9006, the rest is easy, we will continue, please let me know if you can come this far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YyN4snW.png
Views:	82
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	3027740  
22nd November 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #244  
Flag istanbul

32 posts
More
Quote:

First of all, the port 9008 should turn to port 9006 (diag ) after the phone gets 8974_msimage.mbn and MPRG8974.mbn. No need for hex file as the mbn file is the same (mbn is qualcomm format). If drivers are ok as you say (seems so), oh and no need for Xp or Win7 32bit, you can do every step on a 64 bir 8.1 even ( as long as you work in Test Mode you can install any driver withou any problem).
The picture is taken from from Lenovo thread from a forum i cant remember, its for unbrick of Lenovo K910, but the way is the same. "flash_local.xml = Settings.xml in color os folder, you just correct the path's ( the path of 8974_msimage.mbn and MPRG8974.mbn ) by opening it. Then as decribed in the picture, unthick "Program MMC device", dont select it, we must first send mbn's, so only "Program Boot Loaders" should be selected. You just do first 3 steps, then hit Download, if the port turns from 9008 to 9006, the rest is easy, we will continue, please let me know if you can come this far.

PS1: Qpst versiyon 411 is ok, dont change.
PS2: This can be also done with Download tool in color os rom folder, if that tool can send both mbn's ( done before), port turns to 9006. But try Qpst first.
22nd November 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #245  

4 posts
Quote:

PS1: Qpst versiyon 411 is ok, dont change.
PS2: This can be also done with Download tool in color os rom folder, if that tool can send both mbn's ( done before), port turns to 9006. But try Qpst first.

Could you please tell what this response mean in QPST?
Device mode = Sahara on port 10000
server event monitor enabled
path for selected COM port = "_HCD1!hub:0!dev:0"
Timeout waiting for device
device wait found 0 0
24th November 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #246  

2 posts
Quote:

When I follow these steps using eMMC Download tool, I get the error: Image Download Failed. Cookie(if present) not received. My device does not change from 9008 to 9006.

I have also tried with the download tool included in color.zip, and while it recognizes my phone, I can see that it starts trying to process 8974_msimage.mbn, but the line quickly turns red, and then the text changes to a line that includes the word Sahara. I can't read the rest of the text, which I presume is in Chinese.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread