Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 54,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is Xposed modules safe to install?

Tip us?

ondoy1943
Old
Thanks Meter 43
there's an xposed module named "youtube adaway" that is supposed to get rid of adverts. i have not installed it though, but you can try.
The Following User Says Thank You to ondoy1943 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NaterTots
Old
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Your best bet is to have a look through the Xposed repository to find what you're looking for. I have a question though, your first proposal, I can see how WiFi could be switched off when you're out of range of your router, but how on earth is it going to know when it's back in range if it's been turned off? It can't detect WiFi networks if it's off.

Transmitted via Bacon
Just curious, but if your Wi-Fi is set to always scan, as it is out of the box, maybe it would detect your network when it came in range?

Totally spit balling here. I don't use xposed and turn off always scanning myself.
HTC EVO 4G - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia 521- Sold
HTC First - Stock
Google N7 2012
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus One 64GB
The Following User Says Thank You to NaterTots For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1,953

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhonor View Post
Hi I would like to know if there are modules for: What are the names?

1. that turns off wifi when not in range? And turns it back on when it is in range?

2. to block youtube ads?

3. switches from data plan internet when not at home? and turns off data plan when at home?

4. multi-tasking feature? like on the note 3 (split screen)

5. multi-tasking feature such as mini video player? (like in the youtube app, but have it running at all times)/play a recorded video and facebook at the same time. Also can it set as a gesture, to turn a video into a mini video player?

Just a FYI, I had these features on my jailbroken iPhone 4. I really want them on my android device too. If someone has discovered these, please do tell. Thank you in advanced.
1,3 Llama Location Profile
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!
The Following User Says Thank You to playya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skyhonor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamm86 View Post
It's not an xposed module, but "adfree" works flawlessly for me.

http://adfree.bigtincan.com/
Yes, I have that too but when it is enable. It doesn't always block the youtube ad, I rebooted the device too.
Thank you.
Current Devices:
OnePlus One

Previous Device:
iPhone4

DuckMcQUack
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Most of your needs are covered by tasker. Ie you can set your phone to turn off data and turn on wifi when the modem detects the antenna cells that work in your house...ez peasy

It's an app from play store

Sent from my Oneplus One
Oneplus One - Recovery: TWRP recovery 2.7.1.1 - Rom: Stock CM 11s - Kernel: Stock - Bootloader: Unlocked

Past Devices: Nokia N95 8 gb - iPhone 4 - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to DuckMcQUack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

splokow
Old
Thanks Meter 7
No problems when activating Xposed Modules on my 1+1, with PA 4.45 !
X MoreTimeText is my favorite, instead of GravityBox (if you don't want all the others settings !)

#StayParanoid
The Following User Says Thank You to splokow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]