Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 45,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] yellow tint with CM,normal color with ColorOS?

Tip us?

jsscx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] yellow tint with CM,normal color with ColorOS?

As the title says,MY OPO is suffering from this.Flashed CM or any roms aosp/cm,I found my screen color is normal for the first seconds of booting,then the color of the screen turned to yellow.yeah,it's sooooo much yellow.even I configured in the display settings,it's no use.I flashed back to ColorOS.then the color turned normal,beautiful screen back.
so my question is why this happens,if it's intended to do like this,why?then do you guys have this problem?
regards.

donalgodon
Old
Thanks Meter 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsscx View Post
As the title says,MY OPO is suffering from this.Flashed CM or any roms aosp/cm,I found my screen color is normal for the first seconds of booting,then the color of the screen turned to yellow.yeah,it's sooooo much yellow.even I configured in the display settings,it's no use.I flashed back to ColorOS.then the color turned normal,beautiful screen back.
so my question is why this happens,if it's intended to do like this,why?then do you guys have this problem?
regards.
It's by design in the CM ROM and a future update will allow the color to be adjusted. The warmer tone is technically more friendly for text viewing and skin tones, etc. but people don't tend to like it as they are used to a cold white. Properly calibrated displays are always warmer, however, because they tend to reflect a more natural light that mimics the sun.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2] Stock N900UBUDND1 APR 17, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNC1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

TABLET: Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Stock

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

giaur
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon View Post
It's by design in the CM ROM and a future update will allow the color to be adjusted. The warmer tone is technically more friendly for text viewing and skin tones, etc. but people don't tend to like it as they are used to a cold white. Properly calibrated displays are always warmer, however, because they tend to reflect a more natural light that mimics the sun.
I just posted the same question: http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...white-t2801107 probably should be deleted, I didn't see this thread.

But, anyway.. is there any workaround for CM and other custom roms? This yellow screen is annoying, so annoying...

donalgodon
Old
(Last edited by donalgodon; 1st July 2014 at 10:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 658
Franco kernel will have the necessary adjustments passed into userspace soon enough, just FYI.

From the man himself, "We already have color control interface in the Kernel by supercurio, I've asked him to expose the controls to userspace. Once that is available I'll add the code to the app."
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900)
ROM: [KitKat][4.4.2] Stock N900UBUDND1 APR 17, 2014 CF-Auto-Root
RADIO: N900UBUDNC1
KERNEL: Stock
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.4.7
WARRANTY BIT: 1

TABLET: Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Stock

Quote:
“He who answers a matter before he hears it, It is folly and shame to him.” Proverbs 18:13

tell4ever
Old
Thanks Meter 122
i had the same issue, when i was on cm the whites are so yellowish i thought i had a bad screen. but when i flashed color os the
yellowish tint was gone. so ya its a software issue with CM

giaur
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tell4ever View Post
i had the same issue, when i was on cm the whites are so yellowish i thought i had a bad screen. but when i flashed color os the
So I'm not alone. But seems to be kernel issue?

htcdesire26s
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tell4ever View Post
Just wondering could you put me in way of changing from cm11 to color is please

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

RISHI RAJ
Old
Thanks Meter 107
So guys im gonna order online.Should I buy it or not.What's ur opinion & reviews regarding this phone in comparison to flagship phones.Should I order in color os or cm11s

Sent from my ST25i using XDA Free mobile app