Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] yellow tint with CM,normal color with ColorOS?

OP jsscx

1st July 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
As the title says,MY OPO is suffering from this.Flashed CM or any roms aosp/cm,I found my screen color is normal for the first seconds of booting,then the color of the screen turned to yellow.yeah,it's sooooo much yellow.even I configured in the display settings,it's no use.I flashed back to ColorOS.then the color turned normal,beautiful screen back.
so my question is why this happens,if it's intended to do like this,why?then do you guys have this problem?
regards.
1st July 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 663

3,796 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsscx

As the title says,MY OPO is suffering from this.Flashed CM or any roms aosp/cm,I found my screen color is normal for the first seconds of booting,then the color of the screen turned to yellow.yeah,it's sooooo much yellow.even I configured in the display settings,it's no use.I flashed back to ColorOS.then the color turned normal,beautiful screen back.
so my question is why this happens,if it's intended to do like this,why?then do you guys have this problem?
regards.

It's by design in the CM ROM and a future update will allow the color to be adjusted. The warmer tone is technically more friendly for text viewing and skin tones, etc. but people don't tend to like it as they are used to a cold white. Properly calibrated displays are always warmer, however, because they tend to reflect a more natural light that mimics the sun.
1st July 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 21

281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donalgodon

It's by design in the CM ROM and a future update will allow the color to be adjusted. The warmer tone is technically more friendly for text viewing and skin tones, etc. but people don't tend to like it as they are used to a cold white. Properly calibrated displays are always warmer, however, because they tend to reflect a more natural light that mimics the sun.

I just posted the same question: http://forum.xda-developers.com/onep...white-t2801107 probably should be deleted, I didn't see this thread.

But, anyway.. is there any workaround for CM and other custom roms? This yellow screen is annoying, so annoying...
1st July 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 663

3,796 posts
More
Franco kernel will have the necessary adjustments passed into userspace soon enough, just FYI.

From the man himself, "We already have color control interface in the Kernel by supercurio, I've asked him to expose the controls to userspace. Once that is available I'll add the code to the app."
Last edited by donalgodon; 1st July 2014 at 10:01 PM.
2nd July 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #5  
Chicago, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 122

267 posts
More
i had the same issue, when i was on cm the whites are so yellowish i thought i had a bad screen. but when i flashed color os the
yellowish tint was gone. so ya its a software issue with CM
2nd July 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 21

281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tell4ever

i had the same issue, when i was on cm the whites are so yellowish i thought i had a bad screen. but when i flashed color os the

So I'm not alone. But seems to be kernel issue?
3rd July 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #7  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 25

355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tell4ever

Just wondering could you put me in way of changing from cm11 to color is please

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
4th July 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #8  
Flag yamuna nagar
Thanks Meter: 111

842 posts
More
So guys im gonna order online.Should I buy it or not.What's ur opinion & reviews regarding this phone in comparison to flagship phones.Should I order in color os or cm11s

Sent from my ST25i using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread