FORUMS

[KERNEL] [GPL] [OPO] franco.Kernel - r43

18,090 posts
Thanks Meter: 101,489

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from franciscofranco: r25 is out!
13th January 2016, 10:15 AM |#9471  
Flag Montijo
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekhez

no?

https://plus.google.com/+FranciscoFr...ts/d54hgv5S6Hw (in comments)

there is supposed to be an update (doesn't specify CM13, COS12.1.1, etc) within the next 24ish hours.

Was it 240ish hours?!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

13th January 2016, 11:10 AM |#9472  
Flag Who Cares?
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilopt

Was it 240ish hours?!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Who knows, he said that he would release one before the first week of 2016 is over, and it's been much longer and people have called him out on it and @franciscofranco is just "choosing not to reply". Might be due to the bring-up from CM12.0 to CM12.1, or CM13, or maybe even the conversion to CAF (although I seriously doubt it)..
The Following User Says Thank You to Vekhez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2016, 12:08 PM |#9473  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekhez

Who knows, he said that he would release one before the first week of 2016 is over, and it's been much longer and people have called him out on it and @franciscofranco is just "choosing not to reply". Might be due to the bring-up from CM12.0 to CM12.1, or CM13, or maybe even the conversion to CAF (although I seriously doubt it)..

At this point in regards to @franciscofranco no one really knows. He usually makes kernels for Stock ROM only on all devices he makes kernels for, so I would expect a release for COS12.1.1. I've also been waiting for his kernel cause I purchased his app ages ago and it works best with his kernel but we'll just have to wait till he decides to release and hope he stops procrastinating or whatever he's doing when it's been like a year since his last kernel.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
13th January 2016, 12:23 PM |#9474  
Flag Who Cares?
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renosh

At this point in regards to @franciscofranco no one really knows. He usually makes kernels for Stock ROM only on all devices he makes kernels for, so I would expect a release for COS12.1.1. I've also been waiting for his kernel cause I purchased his app ages ago and it works best with his kernel but we'll just have to wait till he decides to release and hope he stops procrastinating or whatever he's doing when it's been like a year since his last kernel.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yeah but then he also started releasing Lollipop builds for the CM12 nightlies on the OPO when it was still on official CM11S.. so he may do a CM13 kernel based on that regard, who actually knows.
18th January 2016, 12:56 PM |#9475  
Flag Coiso
Thanks Meter: 101

More
I sincerely think that making a kernel for CyanogenOS 12.1 is a mistake.
And I doubt that francisco.franco will do it.

He must be messing with CyanogenMod 13 nightlies for the OnePlus One and testing it.
The release of the kernel will be dependent on the release of CyanogenOS 13, and later the proper adjustments and testing of the shift between CyanogenMod 13 and CyanogenOS 13.

This is my opinion, because this is what I would do in his situation.

So, we have to keep waiting.
Besides, the phone is very good, stable and battery friendly.
The touch problems are gone.

Of course franco.kernel would be awesome, and I am here waiting for it.
But, I prefer a good and lasting option, than a fast and soon old one.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hitardo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 04:48 PM |#9476  
Flag Kempten
Thanks Meter: 1

More
@franciscofranco where are you? I miss your kernel. It was a beast on CM11s and CM12s...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)