[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 Open Source (Current: M9)

Search This thread

neatchee

Sep 11, 2009
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
 * Act accordingly
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
This thread is for CyanogenMod 11 opensource builds for the OnePlus One. The following will not be supported in this thread:
- Custom Kernels
- Mods
- Modified system files
- Xposed
- CyanogenMod 11S

For CyanogenMod 11S, the customized version specifically for the OnePlus One, please visit this thread: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/discussion-cyanogenmod-11s-t2840305

Instructions:

Comprehensive installation instructions for CM on the OnePlus One can be found on the CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_bacon

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest Snapshot: CyanogenMod 11 SNAPSHOT-M9 (4.4.4) - Download
Latest Nightly: Download

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
OnePlus One - CyanogenMod 11 OpenSource, ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
neatchee, cyanogenmod, ciwrl
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-07
Last Updated 2014-08-06

sbenson1226

Mar 24, 2011
DC
Nice. Does anyone have a gapps package that gives the "Google" experience and install the CM11S apps (i.e. CameraNext, AudioFX, Screencast)?

störte

Jun 18, 2012
Kiel
There is a thread where you can download the original OPO Camera app. You that one

sbenson1226

Mar 24, 2011
DC
Which gapps package in particular are you using? When I had my Nexus 5, I always used the Google Stock Package, but that one doesn't work on the One (or at least it didn't when I tried it).

sbenson1226

Mar 24, 2011
DC
I'm using the Full Modular off the above link.

That seems to be the reason. The stock package probably doesn't have the libs required to make the camera work.

I wish I knew how to modify the gapps packages to include what I want. It looks like Greek to me.

Anyway, I'll just install the Full Modular and go from there. Thanks.

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009
For those of you having camera issues, go to /system/addons.d and remove the Google Camera script. Reflash your ROM. This gets rid of those pesky libraries added from the PA Gapps for the camera.

You're free to install Google Camera now from the Play store. Its those libs that break everything, so you have to remove that script.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

That seems to be the reason. The stock package probably doesn't have the libs required to make the camera work.

I wish I knew how to modify the gapps packages to include what I want. It looks like Greek to me.

Anyway, I'll just install the Full Modular and go from there. Thanks.

Its more like Stock adds some libs that mess up the camera. The camera works fine if you install from the Play Store, but if you flash it from PA Gapps, those libs break things.

Personally, I use Full Modular + install camera from play store.

wp7chris

Sep 24, 2011
Whenever I record with the built in screencast app from CM11S upon switching to landscape mode the video dimensions shrink like crazy. Does anyone else experience this or know of a way to change starting orientation when using screencast? I don't really want to use the paid screen recorder app from the app store that uses root permissions to achieve the same thing screencast does.

Edit: I had to make nova launcher landscape mode before recording.

Last edited:

wp7chris

Sep 24, 2011
I'm using the snapshot m9 I flashed lock screen and screencast from the themes and apps section and just installed the camera next app normally. I'm having the best battery life and the most stable experience I've had on this phone yet. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
     * Act accordingly
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

The source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Important information:
    This thread is for CyanogenMod 11 opensource builds for the OnePlus One. The following will not be supported in this thread:
    - Custom Kernels
    - Mods
    - Modified system files
    - Xposed
    - CyanogenMod 11S

For CyanogenMod 11S, the customized version specifically for the OnePlus One, please visit this thread: http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/general/discussion-cyanogenmod-11s-t2840305

Instructions:

Comprehensive installation instructions for CM on the OnePlus One can be found on the CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_bacon

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest Snapshot: CyanogenMod 11 SNAPSHOT-M9 (4.4.4) - Download
    Latest Nightly: Download

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OnePlus One - CyanogenMod 11 OpenSource, ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
    neatchee, cyanogenmod, ciwrl
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-07
    Last Updated 2014-08-06
    UNOFFICIAL RELEASE: CM11 NIGHTLY for OnePlus One

cm-11-20150810-Lanchon-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip

this is untested. get it here. enjoy!
    Are we gonna get one last CM11 build? A Snapshot?

It'd be nice to give CM11 the proper farewell instead of just ditching it out of nowhere to support CM12 nightlies back in January

I'll compile a fresh build for you.

Edit: A nice, fresh build. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqghz8ce749lt0o/cm-11-20150628-UNOFFICIAL-bacon.zip
    Mirror - cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip

Guys, can anyone upload last Cm11 nightly? At Cm servers 404 :(

Hi , please can not download: "cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip". Does anybody have a link to download? Thank you

Hey guys, here you go! The last nightly: cm-11-20150105-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip
    Unofficial M12 for bacon

Proprietary blobs was extracted from "cm-11-20141111-NIGHTLY-bacon.zip" and code was pulled from "stable/cm-11.0" yesterday 11/12/2014.
    It seems to work just fine but use at your own risk :)

"MX" is just the name my own build script uses when building from the "stable" branch so I don't confuse my builds with the official builds when copied to "/storage/emulated/0/cmupdater".

cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-MX-bacon.zip
    cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-MX-bacon.md5sum

I'm waiting for http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Device_Status to be updated to see why the official M12 was not build...