[SOUNDMOD] [10/06] Sound Explosion [LOLLIPOP/KITKAT]

Search This thread

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
do you think this would work on a cm based rom (carbon) for the m8 ? or even a cm 11 nightly for the m8 ?
thank you for sharing your work/knowledge.:cowboy:

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

alitorehan

Nov 17, 2014
Not running or dont Feel nothing

Hi, I have 4.4.4 XNPH05Q and I have installed latest Ak kernel and Also Synapse root application. (set to high quality) but there is no sound profile option to change high quality?
(Maxx audio fx is disabled)

I dont feel any effect or running application on background!

I think it is not running on my device?
Does this mode have any optios / settings window? Or does have a notification when it is running? can you upload a screen capture while it is running?

I have checked with google play player. After disabling audio fx there is no even Eq options. :(

Last edited:

ImbaWind

Jul 12, 2011
?
Does anyone compared this with the v4a DTS convolver? I do have some dts convolver downloaded from v4a chinese forum, if anyone need them I can upload them

Ergo Proxy

Jul 16, 2012
London
do you think this would work on a cm based rom (carbon) for the m8 ? or even a cm 11 nightly for the m8 ?
thank you for sharing your work/knowledge.:cowboy:

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

It should work, but if it doesn't then try removing the srsprocessing lib in the vendor folder of the mod because that's what made it work on the sense rom. Don't forget to make a backup before you try it :) good luck

Hi, I have 4.4.4 XNPH05Q and I have installed latest Ak kernel and Also Synapse root application. (set to high quality) but there is no sound profile option to change high quality?
(Maxx audio fx is disabled)

I dont feel any effect or running application on background!

I think it is not running on my device?
Does this mode have any optios / settings window? Or does have a notification when it is running? can you upload a screen capture while it is running?

I have checked with google play player. After disabling audio fx there is no even Eq options. :(

Yeah there isn't a sound profile, unfortunately I could not fully port audio fx to our phone but I'm pretty sure it works in the background even without interface. Anyways you should be able to hear the difference in sound after flashing the mod regardless of the sound profile options.

aki_007

Jan 4, 2014
New delhi
Glad at least someone likes it [emoji39] almost 100 downloads and you're the first one to comment [emoji23]
Can you tell me exactly which smalis you edited/replaced ?
I still can't hear SRS ?
you can install DIRAC HD sound by taking DIRAC smali , libdirac , audio_effects.conf from redmi 1s firmware .
Its works like 60% and its awesome.

ratty123

Jun 9, 2011
Stockholm
Alright, im here again. Cant be without this, I listen to music several hours per day to, at and from work and this makes it 200% worth staying on KK. Works extremely good with 320kb mp3 and my AKG Y55. I cant even get the same clarity and crispy sound with viper (which drains my battery)... :good:

Ergo Proxy

Jul 16, 2012
London
Alright, im here again. Cant be without this, I listen to music several hours per day to, at and from work and this makes it 200% worth staying on KK. Works extremely good with 320kb mp3 and my AKG Y55. I cant even get the same clarity and crispy sound with viper (which drains my battery)... :good:

Still waiting for Vivo to update their ROM to Lollipop so I can get this mod working on Lollipop too. This mod is the only reason I've stayed on KitKat lol

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
There are some interesting libraries in this zip, but many are unneeded, which creates the compatibility issue for Lollipop (shouldn't require an OS update, since the KitKat MaxxAudio works fine on Lollipop and the AudioEffects API hasn't received any major updates).

libdashplayer and the OMX libraries are probably not modified by Vivo and you're probably better off using the blobs for our device. libstdc++, the multimedia (mm) libraries, libHevcSwDecoder, libFileMux, libSHIMDivxDrm, libwebrtc, and libSpeex*, the ftm files, and the libtz* files are also likely unnecessary.

I'd test those changes myself on Lollipop, but for some reason, I am unable to edit your zips (issue isn't on my end, I can edit and extract other zips using 7-Zip fine).

Reactions: Ergo Proxy

Ergo Proxy

Jul 16, 2012
London
There are some interesting libraries in this zip, but many are unneeded, which creates the compatibility issue for Lollipop (shouldn't require an OS update, since the KitKat MaxxAudio works fine on Lollipop and the AudioEffects API hasn't received any major updates).

libdashplayer and the OMX libraries are probably not modified by Vivo and you're probably better off using the blobs for our device. libstdc++, the multimedia (mm) libraries, libHevcSwDecoder, libFileMux, libSHIMDivxDrm, libwebrtc, and libSpeex*, the ftm files, and the libtz* files are also likely unnecessary.

I'd test those changes myself on Lollipop, but for some reason, I am unable to edit your zips (issue isn't on my end, I can edit and extract other zips using 7-Zip fine).
I'll remove these libs and see how it is on lollipop...but I'm sure it won't be as good. I made a mod for lollipop long time ago with kitkat libs from another vivo rom and many people reported no difference in sound

Ergo Proxy

Jul 16, 2012
London
Sound Mod Lollipop test - Still based on KitKat so I've removed some files for it to work on Lollipop.

Note I've only tested this on Lollipop 5.0.2 so it may not work on 5.1.x make a backup regardless of what lollipop version you're on as this is just a test.
Feedback is appreciated!
Download Link

Reactions: vhsantos1

vhsantos1

Jan 20, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It works here. Im on note 3, S6 ported room.
I dont see any equalizer bit sound its better then stock. From what i see in zip, files from APP should be in a folder since lolipop its that way.
I will try flash ROM again and test with and whithout.
There are some great guys on extrem beats tópic, The androidexpert35, i think he could realy help You with this.
Other thing i notice is The dolby ported mod dont work with this mod.
TKS for all

Ergo Proxy

Jul 16, 2012
London
It works here. Im on note 3, S6 ported room.
I dont see any equalizer bit sound its better then stock. From what i see in zip, files from APP should be in a folder since lolipop its that way.
I will try flash ROM again and test with and whithout.
There are some great guys on extrem beats tópic, The androidexpert35, i think he could realy help You with this.
Other thing i notice is The dolby ported mod dont work with this mod.
TKS for all
[emoji43] I guess it works because of our devices use same processor. The app didn't install for me either, maybe because it's from kitkat. The app installs on kitkat but the interface never opened because I took it from Vivo xplay 3s rom so i think it requires more files or some editing for it to fully work

ahrion

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2013
@Ergo Proxy, ak_007 and I have been trying to port the vivo xplay DTS and sound effects for months now. I have literally on the ROMs on a mega FTP for this device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SOUNDMOD] SOUND EXPLOSION [LOLLIPOP/KITKAT]

5ea3.jpg

THE SOUND THAT YOU'VE NEVER HEARD ON YOUR ONEPLUS ONE!

DESCRIPTION:

- sound mode based on BBE, SRS, VRS
    - ported sound processing from one of the best music smartphones Vivo Xplay 3s
    - high quality audio
    - enabled 24 bit 96 kHz playback
    - System wide (works in all apps)

Recommendations:

- recommended to listen to music without any equalizer
    (I use in my mode fully ported sound processing from the best music smartphone BBK Vivo Xplay 3s. You don't need equalizer at all.)

In the headphones without Equalizer:

- impressive sound with the overall clarity, natural not artificial
    - perfect sound detailization and contrast
    - definitive sound channels separation
    - wide stereo field
    - audio experience like in the theater space
    - low harmonic distortion

REQUIREMENTS

- ROM without any sound mods
    - WILL NOT WORK WITH MAXXAUDIO so please disable before flashing (DSP or audiofx apk)
    - Please make sure you have a backup before flashing the mod so that you can restore if you don't like it or have problems

INSTALLATION:

- please make nandroid backup of your ROM
    - install mod in custom recovery
    - wipe cache and dalvik cache

CREDITS:
    DOC3000 - for original mod & guidance
    tsalta - for help and ideas
    Androidexpert35 - for optimising the mod to work properly

DOWNLOAD SOUND EXPLOSION
    If you don't get good quality sound on KitKat with this mod then try this old KitKat Version
    Regards.
    With respect to the MAXXAUDIO/AUDIOFX is better uninstall or freeze?
    Thank you for your response and for this work :good:

Freezing it should do the job but people have said that it works better if you uninstall it (less problems)

New update coming soon to fix the FLAC playback problem. Thanks to IllUMINATUz for helping me fix it :highfive:
    I'm not familiar with this mod but I edited the zip and it boots on Nexus 6 Marshmallow and the 2 apk's show as being installed. Let me know if anything doesn't seem right.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5IfrN1wC4Fxa08tQm9vV0ktOTQ/view?usp=docslist_api
    Alright guys the mod has been updated:
    - modified audioeffect app to run on lollipop but still cant open the interface (not sure if its making a difference or not)
    - amazing sound in videos such as YouTube
    - music is now more crispier and cleaner
    - overall sound improved since last version
    - merged kitkat and lollipop mod into one (haven't tested on kitkat but there's improvement in lollipop)

For me personally it sounds way better compared to stock cm sound but obviously it will sound different for everyone else because of their configuration.
    Do let me know if it sounds better or worse and what rom you're using etc.. and don't forget to make backup before flashing..enjoy :D
    Updated OP, added download link for lollipop.