CyanogenMod 12.1 for YU Yureka

YU Yureka recently received an official Cyanogen OS 12S update. If you prefer to use a newer revision of … more

Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[APP] [ROOT REQUIRED] Chromecast mirroring (screencasting) works!

13th November 2014, 07:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

28 posts
More
I... am... not sure. I was on XNPH38R when I tried.

I will retry after updating to 44R and will post an Update.

If you try before me, do share..!

Sent from my A0001

16th November 2014, 05:31 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchop

Does it work with the latest version or CM11S 44S??? it stop working for me on that version.

I found a little write up that makes it a lot easier and more stable. First download root explorer go to system folder then build prop. Find
ro.product.device=A0001 and change A0001 to hammerhead and save changes. Now go to settings / display and under cast screen option your chrome cast will now appear then click on it. Now once WiFi on and you pull down quick settings you will see cast option appear.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th November 2014, 08:05 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 156

587 posts
Quote:

Does it work with the latest version or CM11S 44S??? it stop working for me on that version.

working for me
22nd November 2014, 05:54 PM |#14  

28 posts
More
Quote:

Tested... And working fine..!

Sent from my A0001
24th November 2014, 10:01 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 11

114 posts
[QUOTE=yugz5;56965194]Tested... And working fine..!
hehe for some reason it did not work on the first try, after resinstalling it work like a charm.

the only problem is that the screen flickers a bit when you pull down the notifications.
25th November 2014, 09:13 PM |#16  

28 posts
More
[QUOTE=masterchop;57021318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugz5

Tested... And working fine..!
hehe for some reason it did not work on the first try, after resinstalling it work like a charm.

the only problem is that the screen flickers a bit when you pull down the notifications.

That happened to me once when I was kind of away from the TV or when I thoroughly covered back of my phone. So I assume that would be because of weak Wi-Fi Direct connection between devices. Also, I noticed increase in delays and some jitter in video. So this surely seems like connectivity issue.

May be trying without a case or with WiFi antena area open/unblocked should reflect the improvement.

Sent from my A0001
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread