FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Boot Animation] ctOS Boot Animation

158 posts
Thanks Meter: 136

By benmeroff, Senior Member on 10th August 2014, 05:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th April 2015, 02:47 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShamsMan

Hi,

I was wondering if you could upload a 720x1280 (S3) and a 2560x1600 (Nexus 10) version of this boot animation?

I ask because on both my devices, there is about a second of a white flash before the animation begins. We had previous suspected that this could be due to the resolution adjustment. I tried making the changes myself, but was not able to do it without spending hours on cropping and expanding the images. So I thought I'd request it from you.

I installed the boot animation through the Play Store, so I'm guessing everyone is has a non 1080x1920 resolution device is experiencing the same thing.

Would it be too much trouble to request additional resolutions? Thanks!

Sorry TheShamsMan, classes have had me swamped recently and I just totally forgot to get back to you!

As far as the white flash, I do believe it is the system resizing the animation, so you're right on there. I can easily pump out the 720p version this weekend as it's an easy proportionate resize (same aspect ratio), and adding 80px of black space to each side of the current 2560x1440 version I have should be a fairly simple batch action as well. Hopefully I can have both done this Saturday.

Also, I've noticed that a few black frames somehow got added between the initial animation and the loop when I made my Play Store version, so I'll be addressing that as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to benmeroff For This Useful Post: [ View ]

30th April 2015, 02:51 AM |#102  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmeroff

Sorry TheShamsMan, classes have had me swamped recently and I just totally forgot to get back to you!

As far as the white flash, I do believe it is the system resizing the animation, so you're right on there. I can easily pump out the 720p version this weekend as it's an easy proportionate resize (same aspect ratio), and adding 80px of black space to each side of the current 2560x1440 version I have should be a fairly simple batch action as well. Hopefully I can have both done this Saturday.

Also, I've noticed that a few black frames somehow got added between the initial animation and the loop when I made my Play Store version, so I'll be addressing that as well.

No worries buddy. School is more important.

I appreciate you hooking it up! You should offer all the resolutions on the Play Store! Totally badass boot animation!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheShamsMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2015, 03:47 AM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No worries buddy. School is more important.

I appreciate you hooking it up! You should offer all the resolutions on the Play Store! Totally badass boot animation!

Thanks man! And yeah, I'd love to put together an installer app if only I had time to do so... I know pretty much nothing on app development so I would be starting from scratch there. And not that I wouldn't love to learn how to use the SDK, I just don't have the time to right now

On that note, if anyone is experienced in app creation and could put together a simple installer app, I'd totally be willing to pay for your services. PM me if you're interested, I'd love the assistance!
19th May 2015, 03:40 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried moving the bootanimation.zip file to the system/media/ folder but it says "operation failed!" Or something like that. I was using root browser
11th June 2015, 07:33 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LG G2
Quote:

Do you want the previews I made in a zip format? Because the bootanimation itself is in a JPEG series format that should work for any 1080p phone.

Would this work on a T-Mobile LG G2? Because i tried it exactly as it says in the instructions and it would boot up with a black screen. What should i do?
Last edited by Demextrius; 11th June 2015 at 07:38 PM.
15th June 2015, 04:51 AM |#106  
Flag Young Stone
Thanks Meter: 62

More
thanks @benmeroff ...
The Following User Says Thank You to rafiuddinrozman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2015, 01:12 AM |#107  
Flag Montreal

More
Quote:

Thanks man! And yeah, I'd love to put together an installer app if only I had time to do so... I know pretty much nothing on app development so I would be starting from scratch there. And not that I wouldn't love to learn how to use the SDK, I just don't have the time to right now

On that note, if anyone is experienced in app creation and could put together a simple installer app, I'd totally be willing to pay for your services. PM me if you're interested, I'd love the assistance!

Hey dude, was wondering if you have any news on the 720p and 2560x1600 resolution versions of your boot animation?
1st July 2015, 12:59 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin

Donate to Me
More
Hello everyone;

I've been dealing with some family stuff for the last month, and haven't really had much time for any development or maintenance of this thread, and for that I apologize. I should get an update anytime anyone posts here, but if you have a specific question just for me, send me a PM and I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.

Quote:

Hey dude, was wondering if you have any news on the 720p and 2560x1600 resolution versions of your boot animation?

Hey TheShamsMan, I should be able to pump those out this week, my time is finally slowing down here thankfully.

I'm also planning on updating the OP with both a 3GP and an MP3 of the ctOS boot sound, so those savvy enough can make their phones play the familiar sound while booting. Unfortunately every phone is different when it comes to boot sounds, so I won't be able to make an all-inclusive tutorial on how to make this work for anyone's phone, but I'll leave it up there for anyone brave enough to try.
Yesterday, 11:42 PM |#109  
Flag Montreal

More
Quote:

Hello everyone;

I've been dealing with some family stuff for the last month, and haven't really had much time for any development or maintenance of this thread, and for that I apologize. I should get an update anytime anyone posts here, but if you have a specific question just for me, send me a PM and I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.

Hey TheShamsMan, I should be able to pump those out this week, my time is finally slowing down here thankfully.

I'm also planning on updating the OP with both a 3GP and an MP3 of the ctOS boot sound, so those savvy enough can make their phones play the familiar sound while booting. Unfortunately every phone is different when it comes to boot sounds, so I won't be able to make an all-inclusive tutorial on how to make this work for anyone's phone, but I'll leave it up there for anyone brave enough to try.

Thanks for your work dude. I hope everything goes well at home!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ctos watch dogs bootanimation boot
Previous Thread Next Thread