Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Date in the status bar

Tip us?
 
hamzer11
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 510
Join Date: Dec 2010
Question Date in the status bar

I have tried the xposed modules I am familiar with but I haven't found a way to get the date in the status bar like Wanam does for Touchwiz. Coming from the Samsung S4, I got used to having it there for quick glance. Any one know of a setting or module I might be missing that could achieve this?

I should also note that the apps in the Play store are cheesy looking. I want something that matches the fonts of the phone and doesn't create an entry in the pull-down notification either.
 
zephiK
Old
#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,882
Posts: 12,712
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Use a custom rom such as Mahdi and you can have this feature.


Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter! | Scrolling Mods for Various OPO Roms

OnePlus One: Mahdi | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hamzer11
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 510
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Use a custom rom such as Mahdi and you can have this feature.


Sent from my One using Tapatalk
I think I might do just that. It's nice to see all those options available. Thanks.
 
fiz:ik
Old
#4  
fiz:ik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 247
Join Date: Dec 2013
GravityBox works for me
x OnePlus One CM11S x HTC One CM11 x Samsung Galaxy S2 CyanFox x Samsung Galaxy S2 SlimROM R.I.P. x
The Following User Says Thank You to fiz:ik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hamzer11
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 510
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik View Post
GravityBox works for me
I have been reading that GravityBox causes issue with some built-in functionality,is that not correct?
 
playya
Old
#6  
playya's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,960
Posts: 5,805
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzer11 View Post
I have been reading that GravityBox causes issue with some built-in functionality,is that not correct?
I would simply test it out and if it does not work for you simply delete it. But custom rom is the way to go. Also try SlimKat since OPO asked them personally to create a rom for there phone
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!
The Following User Says Thank You to playya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fiz:ik
Old
#7  
fiz:ik's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 247
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzer11 View Post
I have been reading that GravityBox causes issue with some built-in functionality,is that not correct?
Do you know which functionalities are meant? I didn't notice any issue
x OnePlus One CM11S x HTC One CM11 x Samsung Galaxy S2 CyanFox x Samsung Galaxy S2 SlimROM R.I.P. x
The Following User Says Thank You to fiz:ik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hamzer11
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 510
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
I would simply test it out and if it does not work for you simply delete it. But custom rom is the way to go. Also try SlimKat since OPO asked them personally to create a rom for there phone


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik View Post
Do you know which functionalities are meant? I didn't notice any issue
I ended up trying it and it works for what I needed. Thank you both. I am still going to look into one of the custom ROMs. I just get tired of keeping up with the updates since there is no OTA (except for PA I believe).

For the functionality, I'm not sure, I just read various things about conflicts between CM and xposed/gravitybox tweaks.
 
playya
Old
#9  
playya's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,960
Posts: 5,805
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzer11 View Post
I ended up trying it and it works for what I needed. Thank you both. I am still going to look into one of the custom ROMs. I just get tired of keeping up with the updates since there is no OTA (except for PA I believe).

For the functionality, I'm not sure, I just read various things about conflicts between CM and xposed/gravitybox tweaks.
Slim has a OTA and to be honest if it is running right why do you need to update. Updating is not mandatory but so many feel like if they dont have the latest they are going to burst....
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a 1+1 What you know bout dat life!
 
Mmmjj123
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 35
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzer11 View Post
I have tried the xposed modules I am familiar with but I haven't found a way to get the date in the status bar like Wanam does for Touchwiz. Coming from the Samsung S4, I got used to having it there for quick glance. Any one know of a setting or module I might be missing that could achieve this?

I should also note that the apps in the Play store are cheesy looking. I want something that matches the fonts of the phone and doesn't create an entry in the pull-down notification either.
If u have xposed installed u culd use the xui mod for this. This is what I used for this.

Sent from my One Plus One using XDA Mobile App

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes