Date in the status bar

21st July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 81

510 posts
I have tried the xposed modules I am familiar with but I haven't found a way to get the date in the status bar like Wanam does for Touchwiz. Coming from the Samsung S4, I got used to having it there for quick glance. Any one know of a setting or module I might be missing that could achieve this?

I should also note that the apps in the Play store are cheesy looking. I want something that matches the fonts of the phone and doesn't create an entry in the pull-down notification either.
21st July 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 5,053

12,895 posts
Donate to Me
More
Use a custom rom such as Mahdi and you can have this feature.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to zephiK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

510 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK

Use a custom rom such as Mahdi and you can have this feature.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I think I might do just that. It's nice to see all those options available. Thanks.
22nd July 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 168

252 posts
More
GravityBox works for me
The Following User Says Thank You to fiz:ik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

510 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik

GravityBox works for me

I have been reading that GravityBox causes issue with some built-in functionality,is that not correct?
22nd July 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #6  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,965

5,824 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzer11

I have been reading that GravityBox causes issue with some built-in functionality,is that not correct?

I would simply test it out and if it does not work for you simply delete it. But custom rom is the way to go. Also try SlimKat since OPO asked them personally to create a rom for there phone
The Following User Says Thank You to playya For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 168

252 posts
More
Quote:

Do you know which functionalities are meant? I didn't notice any issue
The Following User Says Thank You to fiz:ik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

510 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya

I would simply test it out and if it does not work for you simply delete it. But custom rom is the way to go. Also try SlimKat since OPO asked them personally to create a rom for there phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik

Do you know which functionalities are meant? I didn't notice any issue

I ended up trying it and it works for what I needed. Thank you both. I am still going to look into one of the custom ROMs. I just get tired of keeping up with the updates since there is no OTA (except for PA I believe).

For the functionality, I'm not sure, I just read various things about conflicts between CM and xposed/gravitybox tweaks.
22nd July 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #9  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,965

5,824 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I ended up trying it and it works for what I needed. Thank you both. I am still going to look into one of the custom ROMs. I just get tired of keeping up with the updates since there is no OTA (except for PA I believe).

For the functionality, I'm not sure, I just read various things about conflicts between CM and xposed/gravitybox tweaks.

Slim has a OTA and to be honest if it is running right why do you need to update. Updating is not mandatory but so many feel like if they dont have the latest they are going to burst....
1st September 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
Quote:

I have tried the xposed modules I am familiar with but I haven't found a way to get the date in the status bar like Wanam does for Touchwiz. Coming from the Samsung S4, I got used to having it there for quick glance. Any one know of a setting or module I might be missing that could achieve this?

I should also note that the apps in the Play store are cheesy looking. I want something that matches the fonts of the phone and doesn't create an entry in the pull-down notification either.

If u have xposed installed u culd use the xui mod for this. This is what I used for this.

Sent from my One Plus One using XDA Mobile App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread