FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][ROOT] OnePlusTouchFix - Configurable vibration

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By ejacsve, Member on 8th July 2015, 09:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This app has been heavily inspired by SabrWolfs [APP][ROOT] Touch screen fixer.

The app is supposed to at least temporarily improve the touch on the Oneplus one, making the device usable. I can't guarantee that it works for you, but it makes a big difference for me.

The app requires root, and executes the shell command cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test every time the screen is turned on. It is not based on Tasker, but implemented as an ordinary app. The difference compared to Touch screen fixer, and the reason I made this app, is that the vibration is configurable. I initially implemented this app to be able to deactivate the vibration entirely, but since it actually takes a second or two to run the command and get touch working again, I found that I actually prefer a very brief vibration as feedback that the device is ready for use.

As usual with root apps, don’t forget to grant the app root access the first time it is started, otherwise it won’t work.

And as always, I can't take any responsibility if this app makes your house to burn down, your car to explode or your phone to overheat

Edit:
Here is the complete code:
https://github.com/jaqob/OnePlusTouchFix

It was not really intended to be shared, so be gentle
Attached Files
File Type: apk OnePlusTouchFix.apk - [Click for QR Code] (23.4 KB, 936 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ejacsve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ejacsve Ad-Free

8th July 2015, 11:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 376

Donate to Me
More
Allot of users have been helped by flashing a different ROM, so it's kind of ROM related I guess.

Therefor it might be best to tell people which ROM you are using.
8th July 2015, 11:21 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamm86

Allot of users have been helped by flashing a different ROM, so it's kind of ROM related I guess.

Therefor it might be best to tell people which ROM you are using.

I'm using stock 12.0-YNG1TAS2I3, the latest offical CyanogenMod release. But, the same problem existed before as well, so it is not directly related to a specific ROM.
12th July 2015, 06:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 481

More
102 downloads and not a single reply or thank you..
I can't give any feedback,i never had any problems with my touchscreen.
But Thanx for posting your work and apparently your app works as intended or there would have been a S...storm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zodiaxe66 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zodiaxe66 Ad-Free
13th July 2015, 11:33 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiaxe66

102 downloads and not a single reply or thank you..
I can't give any feedback,i never had any problems with my touchscreen.
But Thanx for posting your work and apparently your app works as intended or there would have been a S...storm.

Yes, this must be the first bug free app ever
The Following User Says Thank You to ejacsve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ejacsve Ad-Free
16th July 2015, 09:15 PM |#6  
Flag Dungun, MY
Thanks Meter: 522

Donate to Me
More
let me try and giv u a result

As the result, i do feel different in touch screen. Much more sensitive
The Following User Says Thank You to MrxSiN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrxSiN Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 01:20 PM |#7  
Flag Morteau
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Thanks will try it
31st July 2015, 08:36 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Question
Could anybody explain why cat-ting a file (i.e. just read a file content) can fix some issue?
May I see the source code of this apk?
31st July 2015, 09:54 AM |#9  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Am using oxygen os from day 1 and never had suck issue.

Though i had some problem in cyanogenmod nightlies so reverted back to stock oxygenated n os

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd August 2015, 10:08 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxxvi

Could anybody explain why cat-ting a file (i.e. just read a file content) can fix some issue?
May I see the source code of this apk?

The relevant part really just looks like this
Code:
    public static int runTouchFixCommand()
    {
        int result = -1;
        try {
            Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(new String[]{"su","-c","cat /sys/class/input/input0/baseline_test"});
            result = p.waitFor();
        } catch (IOException | InterruptedException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
        return result;
    }
The key here is that it is the /sys folder. It is not an ordinary filesystem but a virtual one used to communicate with different attached devices, in this case the synaptic touch driver.
See wikipedia for some further details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesy...FHS_compliance

If I understand things correctly, reading baseline_test will run this code:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...sx_i2c.c#L1780
Which near the end does this "//step 5:reset touchpanel and reconfig the device".

Or it may just be magic

Edit:
Here is the complete code:
https://github.com/jaqob/OnePlusTouchFix

It was not really intended to be shared, so be gentle
The Following User Says Thank You to ejacsve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ejacsve Ad-Free
3rd August 2015, 02:47 PM |#11  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1,639

More
Definitely works very well. I was using SabrWolf fix before this, thanks for the additional vibration duration option.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traitor123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift traitor123 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)