[Q] Notification without led?

Search This thread

lpn-

Dec 3, 2007
Paris
hmm I see.

But what if I miss a call while walking in the street with the phone in my pocket ?
The screen will get on, the phone will be in movement as I walk.

Will it activate the LED notif or not ?
I'd like LED notif doesn't activate in this particular case but I should test :)

This app is awesome.

Edit : I tested. If I walk, I'm in movement so the LED notif doesn't activate. But if I'm not moving the LED activate (for a missed call). That's a good thing I think :)

Last edited:

goulloux

Dec 18, 2007
Hum how can it be a good thing ?
Well it's my point of view, but the only moment it should not notify, is when you are using the phone.

If I'm walking and missed a call, I'm willing to see a notification when I'll put the phone on my desk for example.

Did some test yesterday, if I let the notification ON for an hour, I loose 10% battery against 2% without it.

Last edited:

MillyMoo106

Feb 16, 2009
It doesn't use much of my battery, my notifications don't go un-noticed for long times though.

He has made a newer version (0.41) which has battery saver mode, which just means there is no fade effect. There is also a timeout mode which i have set to 1 hour.

I lost the forum page I found it on but he says he will release it to the market soon. Latest versions are kept on his site here

http://martinborjesson.com/android/

lpn-

Dec 3, 2007
Paris
Hum how can it be a good thing ?
Well it's my point of view, but the only moment it should not notify, is when you are using the phone.

If I'm walking and missed a call, I'm willing to see a notification when I'll put the phone on my desk for example.

I understand but for me it's a good thing :)
I don't want my battery to be used up by a notification I don't see because the phone is in my pocket. When I get it out, I check the lockscreen so if I missed a call I'll see it.
The notification, for me, is important if my phone was on the desk when I was looking elsewhere, that's it.

But you can tune accelerometer sensitivity so it will blink even if you were walking but not if you were using it.

With v0.5 you've got some more options to save battery. Where is my droid battery tells me this app is draining battery only when blinking actually. In the latest version from market you can make blinking less power drain by suppressing the fade in / fade out effect.

Btw there is another thread on xda dedicated to this app.

Top Liked Posts