P920 upgraded but still slow

27th August 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi guys!

I've got an LG Optimus 3D P920 and it was initially uploaded with the original rom and Android 3.2. The problem was it kept getting really really slow(booting took 5 min) and I couldn't upgrade anything anymore so I decided to upgrade it.
Well after lots of playing around and a couple of times bricking the device I was able to upload Android 4.1.0 CyanogenMod (I'll post specs late on).
Everything seemed to work ok enough it was really fast and it booted in less than a minute and I could install apps with no problem.
The problem is all of the apps like facebook or google play store or something along these lines take a really really long time to load and are really slow. They report that they crash frequently. Not to mention that the battery get's sucked really fast even faster that it did on the original rom.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I could do to get things working the way they should or is the device just completely outdated hardware wise to be able to expect anything worth using?

I'd go out and buy another device but financially just can't afford one right now and to be honest I don't really need a new device if I could get this one to work at least adequately.

Thank you for your help because any thoughts are really appreciated.

Phone data:
Model: LGP920
Android 4.1.2
Baseband version: LGP920AT-00V20e-VDF-XXX-JUN27.2012+0
Kernal version: 3.0.21-CM+ bild03@cyanogenmod #1 Sun Oct 6 12:33:27 PDT 2013
CynogenMod version: 10-20131006-nightly-p920
Bild number: cm_p920-userdebug 4.1.2 JZ054K eng.jenkins.201310006.122043 test-keys

I thought the latest nightly build would be the most stable. The problem is the stable version is really crappy.

What can I do?

Thanks and regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread