[Q&A] [rom][4.4.4][cm11.0 unofficial][kitkat]

Search This thread

johncampell

Oct 18, 2014
downloading to install then getting it onto SD card

hello ...i have been trying for a long time to figure out the latest and most up to date solution to upgrade my p920 and i think i finally found it here thanks to you yes?

if so .....i tried to start your instructions on the very first post of the thread and it says download it ...i click the link ...then you have 2 big buttons ...1 that says download and 1 that says download now ....i clicked download now ....and google chrome gave warning "This file is malicious and Chrome has blocked it" ...is this supposed to happen? and if so how do i get the file downloaded?

thanks

N0B0DY-1MP0R74N7

Aug 25, 2015
I know this is an old thread but the rom seemed nice, and i can't seem to get it installed. After installing the rom i can't reboot, because after the LG logo i'm stuck on a purple screen where the scrambled image of the last displayed screen is displayed. This is nothing irregular i've had this on all CM versions i tried to install but it refuses to move on from it.

Fretsaber

Apr 3, 2016
After Flashing The rom my Phone is bricked

My lg p920 is bricked after flashing the rom.
I have install the custom recovery posted on this thread and have also flashed wkpark bootloader.

shaqfu786

Sep 21, 2012
Port Elizabeth
Umm Yeah. I read instructions.
Lg p920
CM 10 Nightly 2013-10-06

I think as a prerequisite, load stock ics first.cm10 to my knowledge was built with gb source and i think still a 2.6 kernel, could be wrong. But there could be a difference in the partition table of gb and ics. So i would advice ics first, then a new recovery, wkpark unlocked bootloader. Then cm11.

Sent from my LG-D620 using XDA Free mobile app

Fretsaber

Apr 3, 2016
I think as a prerequisite, load stock ics first.cm10 to my knowledge was built with gb source and i think still a 2.6 kernel, could be wrong. But there could be a difference in the partition table of gb and ics. So i would advice ics first, then a new recovery, wkpark unlocked bootloader. Then cm11.
Thanks for your help. I'll just back up my current rom and then do that. I'll let you if it works. :)
Ps Can you give me a link for ics.

Last edited:

Fretsaber

Apr 3, 2016

Did all that all that still stuck on the silver lg symbol
Ps Used a v30a image in zip format

shaqfu786

Sep 21, 2012
Port Elizabeth
When things go wrong after i test builds, what i normally do is flash ics with flashtool,xbsall big partition v28. Then i use OS_Hacking tool for bootloader and recovery. Then update to a newer recovery, like the twrp. Then cm11 or cm12.1.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did a build of 5.0 lastnight, i will test to see if it boots, fingerscrossed. As for 4.4, the sad thing is that we got it working so late that two weeks later 5.0 was released and me and troopii tried that working as soon possible so that the bugs could get sorted and more roms can be made before the end of the year, when the next android gets released, i think its android 'm' next. Also im trying to get device tree inline with other omap4 devices. I really hope it boots tonight and i can get it to you guys. :thumbup:

Still no boot. The cm recovery built but don't pick up internal sdcard. Need to change that again.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Free mobile app
    Please lollipop or KitKat for 3D MAX

I do not have that device, it would be building blind. Take the rom and try porting it using the porting guides.
    Sorry i cant help.

Hi. I would like to ask some questions . 1. Are you working on other features like video recording or you are focused on lolipop only now? 2. I have a weird problem with camera. The stock camera app keeps crashing so I decided to use google camera which is awesome has pretty interface but the taken pictures aren't saving and I don't have idea why. I don't see anyone having same problems I also googled but it was rare. Anyone else with this ROM have this bug? 3. Why has this ROM so few options compared to other CM's like on-screen home/menu/search buttons.
    Otherwise this ROM is pretty stable no mad bugs found .The multitasking on this is just like whole new phone. And Thanks for fixing the camera angle :3

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Free mobile app

1. Yes im trying to get lollipop booted.
    2. I think it has something to do with permissions of internal sdcard,someone in the forum got a solution to get permissions right.
    3.i think those features have to be cherry-picked from other roms, carbon and omni.
    Im trying to get cm12 booted as soon as possible, while its in early stages. From there bugs can be fixed and features can be added. The unfortunate thing is that cm was released by the end of it life. If 5.0 boots, we have a year to make it good.:thumbup:

Hi! Does anyone knows are where any Android 4.4 ROMS for LG P920 with no or minor bugs?

shaqfu786, have you fixed video recording feature? How's going with 5.0?