FORUMS

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

[Q&A/Discussion] CM11 Discussion thread

Thanks Meter: 6,600
 
By laufersteppenwolf, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 24th December 2013, 01:40 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from laufersteppenwolf: New build uploaded!
Alright guys, this is the place for all Questions, Discussions about CM11 that are not development related.

This way, we can keep the dev thread clean, but still can have some discussions about CM11.
But please do not get too off topic, 'cause otherwise I will have the thread cleaned without further warnings

Cheers!

And a merry christmas y'all!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
24th December 2013, 01:44 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
how i can take a photo? i dont see any option ?
24th December 2013, 01:49 PM |#3  
gandhar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Goa
Thanks Meter: 681
 
More
the only question
what is the future of the camera in kitkat?
24th December 2013, 01:51 PM |#4  
Omario-242's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 265
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggin

how i can take a photo? i dont see any option ?

Camera doesn't work on KitKat for now

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD
24th December 2013, 02:48 PM |#5  
laufersteppenwolf's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Baden-Württemberg
Thanks Meter: 6,600
 
Donate to Me
More
About camera, we do know it's not working, we also do know why (system is unable to find the correct sensor (-modes)), but the fixing is not that easy. But we sure are working on it.
tf700 blobs were looking pretty promising though, so let's see
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2013, 04:12 PM |#6  
QuGhZx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Question Questions?
Finally a Q&A thread
--------------------------------------
Well I wanna ask some questions if possible

* can I use Werewolf custom kernel (any kernel version) with this ROM for a better performance and some OC and is it gonna be fully compatible with KitKat and @laufersteppenwolf are you gonna make CM11 version of your amazing custom kernel.
Also
* How is vidieo playback on KitKat, I heard that it's much worse than Jelly bean?!
* If you fix the camera soon are we gonna get @30 FPS while recording 1080p videos?
*is there any improvements in bettary life in Android KitKat?!
and finally
*is there any estimated date for a fully stable release?
------------------------------------------
Thanks to all Devs for this great work!

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD near Bethlehem
Last edited by QuGhZx; 24th December 2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
24th December 2013, 04:59 PM |#7  
Account currently disabled
Flag Ely
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuGhZx

Finally a Q&A thread
--------------------------------------
Well I wanna ask some questions if possible

* can I use Werewolf custom kernel (any kernel version) with this ROM for a better performance and some OC and is it gonna be fully compatible with KitKat and @laufersteppenwolf are you gonna make CM11 version of your amazing custom kernel.
Also
* How is vidieo playback on KitKat, I heard that it's much worse than Jelly bean?!
* If you fix the camera soon are we gonna get @30 FPS while recording 1080p videos?
*is there any improvements in bettary life in Android KitKat?!
and finally
*is there any estimated date for a fully stable release?
------------------------------------------
Thanks to all Devs for this great work!

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD near Bethlehem

1. Yes, yes you can. Laufer may do, most likely will, might not, who knows, wait and see..
2. Haven't tried yet, but I didn't see anything bad with it in JB :s
3. You cannot tell how the camera will perform without knowing the fix, only time will tell.
4. Most likely from googles part, test it and judge for yourself.
5. No ETAs, because they can't predict when they're going to fix bugs can they? xD be patient..



Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to #Mr.G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2013, 05:27 PM |#8  
QuGhZx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Mr.G

1. Yes, yes you can. Laufer may do, most likely will, might not, who knows, wait and see..
2. Haven't tried yet, but I didn't see anything bad with it in JB :s
3. You cannot tell how the camera will perform without knowing the fix, only time will tell.
4. Most likely from googles part, test it and judge for yourself.
5. No ETAs, because they can't predict when they're going to fix bugs can they? xD be patient..



Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

First Thanks for the Reply
and yes I knew I could use Google for some questions but I meat our device in particularly
and I'm gonna flash ROM with Google apps and test it tonight but when I was Backing up my current ROM with CWM 6.0.4.4 during Backup process it said android_secure not found and continued backup process and then it told me backup was successful, now if I tried to use the backup in the future would it work?
Last edited by QuGhZx; 24th December 2013 at 05:51 PM.
24th December 2013, 07:14 PM |#9  
MilkyJoePD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
More
I think .android_secure is for when you install apps to SD. Your backup should restore fine.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MilkyJoePD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2013, 07:17 PM |#10  
Flying_Bear's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 793
 
More
has anyone tried implementing EPRJ RIL in KK builds? @dcos i'm looking at you mostly, since you said you made it work back when they were still building it and had RIL issues.


also, thanks for christmas present guys, and merry christmas/happy new year to you all
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes