Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,285 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[O]Lg 4x hd or old phone?

Tip us?
 
Fotis2210
Old
(Last edited by Fotis2210; Yesterday at 11:30 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Oct 2013
Question [O]Lg 4x hd or old phone?

I bought lg 4x hd 9 months ago and i am very unhappy. It's kind of slow with custom roms and kernels and the battery is just horrible . I used to have sony ericsson xperia neo V . I was very happy with both performance and battery. I am not the person who plays a lot of games. I just play 2 games and i have 5 apps. I really need the battery life to be very extented! So should i use my old phone rather than this one?
 
EnQeen
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Apr 2013
I am sorry for you , but 4x hd is the best phone ever with custom rom and kernel. For example my friend want my 4x when he has G2.
I have 2 hours of gaming , it's normal , even HTC one has the same results...
 
antys86
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotis2210 View Post
I bought lg 4x hd 9 months ago and i am very unhappy. It's kind of slow with custom roms and kernels and the battery is just horrible . I used to have sony ericsson xperia neo V . I was very happy with both performance and battery. I am not the person who plays a lot of games. I just play 2 games and i have 5 apps. I really need the battery life to be very extented! So should i use my old phone rather than this one?
Try Iodak kernel 10beta with the following changes:
With Trickster Mod set all tensions to -50mv and interactive governor, runnable, with boost factor 2, dynamic freq 0, max normal freq 1000000, max freq 1300 or 1400Mhz.
Also in developer options sets gpu for 2d.
With this configuration I have 3 hours of screen-on with normal use and do not play
The Following User Says Thank You to antys86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ottomanhero
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 312
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnQeen View Post
I am sorry for you , but 4x hd is the best phone ever with custom rom and kernel. For example my friend want my 4x when he has G2.
I have 2 hours of gaming , it's normal , even HTC one has the same results...
Wow really? Biggest lie ever. "My friend wants 4x while he has a G2"

You can play 4 + hours of GTA 3 on G2 and it'll still have enough battery to end the day.Don't mislead people into buying this phone as people consider reading forums before buying one...

And nope HTC one does not have the same results... You have no idea what you're talking about.
The Following User Says Thank You to ottomanhero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
EnQeen
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomanhero View Post
Wow really? Biggest lie ever. "My friend wants 4x while he has a G2"

You can play 4 + hours of GTA 3 on G2 and it'll still have enough battery to end the day.Don't mislead people into buying this phone as people consider reading forums before buying one...

And nope HTC one does not have the same results... You have no idea what you're talking about.
LoL. You don't even know how people use their phones. Okay , i will explain. My friend has installed a lot of useless apps and he has enabled wifi + gps all the time. And after using LG's UI he made a decision.
About HTC one it's true. It has almost the same battery and without using custom kernel games drain battery very fast.
 
ottomanhero
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 312
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnQeen View Post
LoL. You don't even know how people use their phones. Okay , i will explain. My friend has installed a lot of useless apps and he has enabled wifi + gps all the time. And after using LG's UI he made a decision.
About HTC one it's true. It has almost the same battery and without using custom kernel games drain battery very fast.
I'm not supposed to know how your friend uses his phone, not at all...
Having wifi on all the time is not a good decision to begin with.GPS doesn't effect battery life as long as google location is off.Just because of your friend being unable to use his phone in an effecient way, doesn't mean G2 is better than our phone.And honestly, even with wifi on 24/7 I'm pretty sure G2 would last longer, having used my friend's G2 for a day.
You shouldn't be comparing phones based on how your friend is using his phone.Saying "4x hd is the best phone ever with custom rom and kernel" and then showing a friend's comment, who is not capable of using an android phone, that's a bad example.

And seriously, I laughed while quoting "4x hd is the best phone ever with custom rom and kernel".Sounds funny, really

No offense but, your friend must be the only living thing on the planet who prefers 4x hd to G2...
 
Swoohs
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jul 2014
I wouldnt buy this phone anymore.
 
EnQeen
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomanhero View Post
I'm not supposed to know how your friend uses his phone, not at all...
Having wifi on all the time is not a good decision to begin with.GPS doesn't effect battery life as long as google location is off.Just because of your friend being unable to use his phone in an effecient way, doesn't mean G2 is better than our phone.And honestly, even with wifi on 24/7 I'm pretty sure G2 would last longer, having used my friend's G2 for a day.
You shouldn't be comparing phones based on how your friend is using his phone.Saying "4x hd is the best phone ever with custom rom and kernel" and then showing a friend's comment, who is not capable of using an android phone, that's a bad example.

And seriously, I laughed while quoting "4x hd is the best phone ever with custom rom and kernel".Sounds funny, really

No offense but, your friend must be the only living thing on the planet who prefers 4x hd to G2...
Yeah I know that 4x ain't the best thing for it's price , and yeah I said it in a wrong way ... I would say "for me" it's the best phone. Also OP asking what to use old phone or 4x when he compares phones like me with my 4x vs G2 (HTC one) comparison. So don't blame me so much...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes