[SOLVED] - i think swapper bricked My O4X, please help,

Search This thread

Mr.LOVER

Nov 1, 2012
hi last night i installed swapper from market and ran it. afterward when i restarted my phone, it got stuck on LG logo. i waited even half hour but it doesn't go any further.
condition is that i can't access adb at lg logo screen, but i can have adb on flashing mod which comes when you press power button + vol up .
secondly it doesn't detect my internal sdcard in default recovery. when i try to access sdcard from adb by cd sdcard, it doesn't go in sdcard. when i try to flash another update.zip from ext-sdcard from default recovery, it says unknown volume for path [/sdcard].
so did swapper deleted my internal sdcard partition or what did it do? what is the solution? i tried to find swapper app from adb, went through folders to folder but i couldn't find it out. may be if i can find it from adb and remove it and also it's created file from sdcard my phone come back to life?
in the last my phone is in warranty. atleast someone show me a way to completely remove rooting from my phone through adb so i can take my phone to their customer center.
i also have lg pc suite and mobile support tool.
i had root access with supersu and i installed cwm recovery in my phone. but since phone is not starting up, i can't go into cwm recovery, i can only go in the default recovery.
please help :(

Last edited:

RuedasLocas

Aug 12, 2012
Gdansk, Poland
Re: i think swapper bricked My O4X, please help,

You tried to flash your version with kdz?
Maybe you don't need to do a clean install and keep your files and apps.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Mr.LOVER

Mr.LOVER

Nov 1, 2012
In that case use LGFlash Tool. Follow the tutorial "how to roll back..." in the 7th post you have the links for all needed files.

7th post? which thread's 7th post? can you give link?
till that i'm gonna find.

by the way i used lg support tool , menu recovery firmware. and it downloaded 472mb file and then started extracting it and then started updating... but stoped at 4% forever.
where should i put my phone? i mean it can't boot into OS, should i go in default recovery and connect to lg tool or flashing mod?

Mr.LOVER

Nov 1, 2012
In that case use LGFlash Tool. Follow the tutorial "how to roll back..." in the 7th post you have the links for all needed files.

bro its ****in up my mind. there are a lot of things on internet, lots of guides, on xda forums there is a post i saw http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069723
this post is a tutorial to flash kdz, but i don't know what is my current firmware version, if its 20x or 10x. and how can i see that? coz he says don't downgrade from 20x to 10x with this tool, and i don't know if my is 20x may be? and i might make my problem more complicated by doing wrong things.
please guide me with right path. i'm in trouble and i'm not very experienced in these stuff, i just wanna know things i don't know like i don't know which version of kdz i should download from his link, my country is pakistan and it is not in list of countries over there, and there is european open kdz which is 10a 10b etc. which is for me? your signature says you have 20x, i don't see any 20x over there?
i repeat my situation again.
installed swapper
restarted phone
stuck on LG logo
restarted again n again, no luck
tried adb commands to remove swapper package but can't find sdcard in my root.
tried default recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, restarted, no luck
copied a custonexus rom on my ext-sd, renamed it to update.zip, went to default recovery, tried install update from ext-sd, it gives error "unknown volume for path [/sdcard]"
tried to push update.zip to cache "adb push update.zip /cache", it gives error "permission denied" file system read only.
tried to do these things by connecting my phone to pc while phone is in recovery by removing batteries and inserting, Vol down + power long hold, no luck
tried to do these things while in strange mode lol, removing batteries and inserting, vol up + power long hold. no luck
tried LG support tools, menu > customer support > recovery phone while in strange mode lol vol up + power long hold, it downloads, extracts, and on process of updating it gets stuck on 4%, waited half hour, but no luck
tried the above while going in recovery mode on phone and same options above, but it doesn't connect device.
tried to power on and on LG Logo, same did same above but no luck.
tried to go in S/W mode and do the same above, but it says communication problem, remove batteries and insert and restart update.
now thats all i could do and i know at the moment to do. flashing kdz is new thing for me, im gonna try it but i'm not sure where to start. where to download my kdz and which are right kdz for me.
this is where i need your help. please spare me some time and just tell me and think about what could i do now,
why my phone is stuck on lg logo even internal sdcard is not available, i don't know if it's unmounted by swapper, deleted or formated or partition removed. i can't use adb commands to push coz it's read only, I'm stuck :(
i can't even take my phone to warranty center coz it's rooted, it has root files in it which will show them it was rooted and warranty will void , even if i delete root files, how can i convince them what did i do with my phone that it's system files are touched and they can't be touched without being rooted.
STUCK :( NEED HELP
oh yea, one more thing to mention, i recently updated busybox and installed it as smart install, and never rebooted my phone after it, until this time.

Mr.LOVER

Nov 1, 2012
finally I got my phone back now :)
thank you very much for taking interest in helping me.

for those with similiar problems,
i went to this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069723
and followed instructions,
downloaded european open v10h kdz version and flashed it as instructions. and thats all, :)

get2aqeel

Jan 30, 2013
thanks a million

i just got through the instruction and gosh i got my lg 4x hd

thanks a million for the developer

finally I got my phone back now :)
thank you very much for taking interest in helping me.

for those with similiar problems,
i went to this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069723
and followed instructions,
downloaded european open v10h kdz version and flashed it as instructions. and thats all, :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You tried to flash your version with kdz?
    Maybe you don't need to do a clean install and keep your files and apps.

what mean by kdz?
    i just want my phone back in any cost, even if all data is lost, please :(