Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Important bug in unofficial source based ROMs

Tip us?

ottomanhero
Old
(Last edited by ottomanhero; 29th July 2014 at 03:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132
Default Important bug in unofficial source based ROMs

@Demetris @laufersteppenwolf @Adam77Root

There is an important bug that has been preventing me from using unofficial p880 source-based ROMs since they were out.Since camera is pretty much fixed and unofficial ROMs are smoother overall, I don't feel like switching over to official cm11, so here is the bug.

When you run some applications, real racing 3 to name one, the app crashes with kernel logs printing :

Quote:
tegradc tegradc.0: Size of window 2 is invalid.
tegradc tegradc.0: Window attributes are invalid.
This bug happens with many more applications that I don't have anymore nor remember their names.But this bug has existed since the very first unofficial kitkat based ROM.I can remember I had about 5 - 10 more apps crashing this way, printing same message in kernel log on the first unofficial kitkat ROM I've tried.

It works really well in official cm11.No crashes or anything.But when I try to launch it on any unofficial based ROM, it just crashes.When I first installed the very first kitkat ROM for our device, I had about 5 - 10 apps like this crashing.And not all of them were 3D applications.

However I didn't bother reporting that bug before, as unofficial ROMs were fresh and had more important stuff to fix.

Note : It's not a bug within the kernel as I've used custom kernels in official and unofficial both, the bug only occured in unofficial based ROMs.It also happens with stock kernels unofficial ROMs come with.

Every unofficial based ROMs have this bug.

I will post more logs once I create a backup.Have logs turned off as I don't need them usually.

EDIT : I'm unable to activate system logs for some reason.But I've found some logs laying around regarding exact same issue.

Plants vs zombies 2 crashing
http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.com...&ts=1406642827

Plants vs zombies 2 not crashing
http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.com...&ts=1406642575

Thanks @tonhao12 for providing these logs earlier in unofficial cm11 thread.

Real Racing 3 crashing
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=iM6nTPzh

Thanks @LGaljo for providing these logs earlier in unofficial cm11 thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ottomanhero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LGaljo
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomanhero View Post
@Demetris @laufersteppenwolf @Adam77Root

There is an important bug that has been preventing me from using unofficial p880 source-based ROMs since they were out.Since camera is pretty much fixed and unofficial ROMs are smoother overall, I don't feel like switching over to official cm11, so here is the bug.

When you run some applications, real racing 3 to name one, the app crashes with kernel logs printing :

This bug happens with many more applications that I don't have anymore nor remember their names.But this bug has existed since the very first unofficial kitkat based ROM.I can remember I had about 5 - 10 more apps crashing this way, printing same message in kernel log on the first unofficial kitkat ROM I've tried.

It works really well in official cm11.No crashes or anything.But when I try to launch it on any unofficial based ROM, it just crashes.When I first installed the very first kitkat ROM for our device, I had about 5 - 10 apps like this crashing.And not all of them were 3D applications.

However I didn't bother reporting that bug before, as unofficial ROMs were fresh and had more important stuff to fix.

Note : It's not a bug within the kernel as I've used custom kernels in official and unofficial both, the bug only occured in unofficial based ROMs.It also happens with stock kernels unofficial ROMs come with.

Every unofficial based ROMs have this bug.

I will post more logs once I create a backup.Have logs turned off as I don't need them usually.
Thanks to remembering about this. Piano tiles also doesn't work
Sony Ericson k530i -lost
Samsung SGH-J700 -broken
Samsung GT-S5600 -broken
Nokia x2-00 -still working
Samsung Galaxy 5 -still working, where all starts
LG Optimus 4X HD -currently daily driver
The Following User Says Thank You to LGaljo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ottomanhero
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 132
OP updated with logs.

Adam77Root
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11,034

DONATE TO ME
PVZ crash logs give '410 Gone' error so can't be accessed.
The bug is very likely grouper blobs related, another incompatibility.
Quote:
I'd be glad if you could spare me a few bucks. You can use PayPal.

Thanks very much to all donors, it is much appreciated!