Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Miracast on 4x HD?

Tip us?

timon12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Miracast on 4x HD?

I found this video
( NVIDIA Tegra 3 Enhances Miracast Wireless Display)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52zqNIeQso

How to use it? is this possible on 4X HD? Our phone has tegra 3..
Captivate Glide + CM10

future81
Old
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by timon12 View Post
I found this video
( NVIDIA Tegra 3 Enhances Miracast Wireless Display)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52zqNIeQso

How to use it? is this possible on 4X HD? Our phone has tegra 3..
I think miracast is in 4.2

foxfireseed
Old
(Last edited by foxfireseed; 9th October 2013 at 06:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Well, I looked up here in xda and on the internet and found nothing conclusive regarding Miracast on 4x HD. So, Tegra 3 supports it and our device is already on 4.2 builds...does anyone knows what is missing?

Dev in this thread claimed to have ported the feature from Optimus G but link is down since last July despite many people reporting the issue.

And when I say "nothing conclusive" I mean that I couldn't find any article saying "yes, you should be able to use it" or "no, 4x HD doesn't support it".

Strange....

kessaras
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfireseed View Post
Well, I looked up here in xda and on the internet and found nothing conclusive regarding Miracast on 4x HD. So, Tegra 3 supports it and our device is already on 4.2 builds...does anyone knows what is missing?

Dev in this thread claimed to have ported the feature from Optimus G but link is down since last July despite many people reporting the issue.

And when I say "nothing conclusive" I mean that I couldn't find any article saying "yes, you should be able to use it" or "no, 4x HD doesn't support it".

Strange....
me i only found this article ,
saying about new lg smart tv that support nfc and miracast. nothing more. maybe does that mean that we need also to buy a new tv to use this feature ? not gonna happen if thats the case. im happy with my plasma samsung

foxfireseed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well I happen to have Smart LG tv compatible with Miracast and I can't use it. I only have the option of sharing videos or pics to my tv screen...

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

kessaras
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Well I happen to have Smart LG tv compatible with Miracast and I can't use it. I only have the option of sharing videos or pics to my tv screen...

Miracast installation guide ** NOT SURE FOR OPTIMUS 4x COMPATIBILITY. Maybe if someone has tried this already and can tell you about it.
*** propably working. i have a friend with whome we trade pictures and he has a samsung s3. i open nfc and he opens the same whatever samsung call it.
The Following User Says Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

foxfireseed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for sharing the guide...my tv has native miracast support, and the issue here is that there's no "enable miracast" option on the stock JB or even in cm10 roms. Since the tegra 3 officially supports it, I believe it's only a lack of software issue.

kessaras
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Thanks for sharing the guide...my tv has native miracast support, and the issue here is that there's no "enable miracast" option on the stock JB or even in cm10 roms. Since the tegra 3 officially supports it, I believe it's only a lack of software issue.

at the guide , samsung didnt have a miracast option either. he just used that thing thats called nfc and android beam in lg

foxfireseed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras View Post
at the guide , samsung didnt have a miracast option either. he just used that thing thats called nfc and android beam in lg
Actually he used an option called "All share Cast". I already tried that before with no success.

I still think we need some app to make it work ...

foxfireseed
Old
(Last edited by foxfireseed; 18th October 2013 at 01:50 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 1
Well, I just sent an e-mail to LG asking if our device is Miracast capable. I'll let you all know as soon as I get an answer.

****Nevermind, they gave me a useless answer ......