Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Miracast on 4x HD?

OP timon12

9th April 2013, 11:20 AM   |  #1  
timon12's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 21
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
I found this video
( NVIDIA Tegra 3 Enhances Miracast Wireless Display)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52zqNIeQso

How to use it? is this possible on 4X HD? Our phone has tegra 3..
9th April 2013, 04:43 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 175
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by timon12

I found this video
( NVIDIA Tegra 3 Enhances Miracast Wireless Display)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b52zqNIeQso

How to use it? is this possible on 4X HD? Our phone has tegra 3..

I think miracast is in 4.2
9th October 2013, 07:34 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Service
Well, I looked up here in xda and on the internet and found nothing conclusive regarding Miracast on 4x HD. So, Tegra 3 supports it and our device is already on 4.2 builds...does anyone knows what is missing?

Dev in this thread claimed to have ported the feature from Optimus G but link is down since last July despite many people reporting the issue.

And when I say "nothing conclusive" I mean that I couldn't find any article saying "yes, you should be able to use it" or "no, 4x HD doesn't support it".

Strange....
Last edited by foxfireseed; 9th October 2013 at 07:46 PM.
9th October 2013, 08:34 PM   |  #4  
kessaras's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfireseed

Well, I looked up here in xda and on the internet and found nothing conclusive regarding Miracast on 4x HD. So, Tegra 3 supports it and our device is already on 4.2 builds...does anyone knows what is missing?

Dev in this thread claimed to have ported the feature from Optimus G but link is down since last July despite many people reporting the issue.

And when I say "nothing conclusive" I mean that I couldn't find any article saying "yes, you should be able to use it" or "no, 4x HD doesn't support it".

Strange....

me i only found this article ,
saying about new lg smart tv that support nfc and miracast. nothing more. maybe does that mean that we need also to buy a new tv to use this feature ? not gonna happen if thats the case. im happy with my plasma samsung
9th October 2013, 11:58 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Well I happen to have Smart LG tv compatible with Miracast and I can't use it. I only have the option of sharing videos or pics to my tv screen...

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
10th October 2013, 10:05 AM   |  #6  
kessaras's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfireseed

Well I happen to have Smart LG tv compatible with Miracast and I can't use it. I only have the option of sharing videos or pics to my tv screen...

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Miracast installation guide ** NOT SURE FOR OPTIMUS 4x COMPATIBILITY. Maybe if someone has tried this already and can tell you about it.
*** propably working. i have a friend with whome we trade pictures and he has a samsung s3. i open nfc and he opens the same whatever samsung call it.
The Following User Says Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2013, 03:02 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Thanks for sharing the guide...my tv has native miracast support, and the issue here is that there's no "enable miracast" option on the stock JB or even in cm10 roms. Since the tegra 3 officially supports it, I believe it's only a lack of software issue.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
10th October 2013, 03:36 PM   |  #8  
kessaras's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52
 
309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfireseed

Thanks for sharing the guide...my tv has native miracast support, and the issue here is that there's no "enable miracast" option on the stock JB or even in cm10 roms. Since the tegra 3 officially supports it, I believe it's only a lack of software issue.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

at the guide , samsung didnt have a miracast option either. he just used that thing thats called nfc and android beam in lg
11th October 2013, 01:36 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras

at the guide , samsung didnt have a miracast option either. he just used that thing thats called nfc and android beam in lg

Actually he used an option called "All share Cast". I already tried that before with no success.

I still think we need some app to make it work ...

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
17th October 2013, 06:26 PM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Well, I just sent an e-mail to LG asking if our device is Miracast capable. I'll let you all know as soon as I get an answer.


****Nevermind, they gave me a useless answer ......
Last edited by foxfireseed; 18th October 2013 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Update

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes