Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,321 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG service trolled me, blowed all fuses of BL

Tip us?

skayable
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default LG service trolled me, blowed all fuses of BL

Hey Guys,

A week ago my 4x HD had some touchscreen problems so i gave it to the LG Service that they fix it.
I just uninstalled CM11 and reflashed stock but didn't relock the bootloader because i know that they can look if it was unlocked before.
I mean they just needed to replace the touchscreen and yeah they did a pretty good job.
BUT... they also locked my bootloader, not once but 16 times. So they blown all my relock fuses just to troll or punish me?
Because i think they want to troll ppl rooting their phones. Now i got a permanently locked phone.
Do you think i can say that they damaged my phone and get all my money back? Because burning hardware fuses is nothing else than damaging my property. I live in Germany and i think it is illegal to do sth like that.

So i want to ask you guys: am I right and is there any way to unlock it? I mean it would be better if they say that my warranty is void instead of damaging my phone. A new Touchscreen is 14€, if i knew that i had done it by myself.

Flying_Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 765
lg's service often does that, unfortunately.

you could go to their service and demand explanation? in germany atleast, the customer is protected well enough that you could ask for a refund or something. good luck
To install custom roms on O4x:

1. upgrade to jb
2. root
3. unlock bootloader
4. flash custom recovery (cwm)
5. flash roms
6. if you encounter any issues, search, they've been answered already.

Got issues with RIL/IMEI/BASEBAND on custom 4.2, 4.3 or 4.4 ROMs on p880? Click me for possible solution!

gostl
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Sorry, but for that specific question I can't give my answer in english. The Laws are very different for different countrys so mybe this is also only interesting for people in Germany. For all else I apologize for not writing in english and hope for your all understanding. I will only write about some customer rights in Germany - not about unlocking a Phone with all fuses blown. If someone has more to say about that go ahead

Hallo skayable,

*ich bin kein Anwalt und kann keine Rechtsauskunft geben*

grundsätzlich muss auch die Servicewerkstatt für einen Schaden haften den sie verursacht hat. Dazu muss man zunächst eine Frist zur Nacherfüllung setzen und denen die Gelegenheit geben das 'wieder in Ordung zu bringen'. In diesem technisch speziellen Falle wird das wohl nur durch Austausch des Motherboards oder des gesamten Geräts gehen. LG wird das aller Voraussicht nach ablehnen. Wenn du beweisen kannst, dass das Gerät in einem verschlechtertem Zustand zurückkam, der nicht vorher schon war und der fahrlässig oder (in diesem Fall wohl eher) vorsätzlich durch die Werkstatt verursacht wurde, dann besteht Anspruch auf Schadnersatz über den am Gerät verlohren gegangenen Wert (also 'Wert vor dem Schaden' minus 'Wert nach dem Schaden') - bedauerlicherweise vermutlich nur einen sehr mageren Betrag wenn das Gerät an sich noch geht. Du müsstest dann nach Ablauf der Nachbesserungsfrist diesen kostenpflichtig Anmahnen. Dafür entstehen dir aber zunächst mal Kosten für einen Anwalt die du nur von LG zurück bekommst wenn du am Ende Recht behältst. Du müsstets entscheiden ob es dir das Wert ist. Sicher schadet es nicht die bekannten Rechts-Seiten mal nach "Schaden nach Reparatur" zu durchsuchen, dort wirst du mehr Infos bekommen als in einem reinen Technik-Forum. Viel Glück troz dieser vielleicht nicht so schönen Aussichten.

Gruß
gostl

aktentasche
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fiddling with the BL makes you lose all warranty claims, so in front of the law it does not look very good imho. It is also not a thing they need to do for you because they did not sell the phone with the option to unlock the BL.
It's worth a try demanding an explanation but I don't think you can expect anything from first level support. They probably don't even know what a fuse is.

Do I get it right that you have a locked BL now since they blew all fuses? Diese Schweine!