[Q] Network problems (RIL) with latest Beanstalk 4.4

OP santi2007

2nd September 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi,

I installed 2 weeks ago the latest Beanstalk 4.4.4010 CM-based and I really liked it, it is a very nice ROM and increased the life and performance of my phone by a lot.

At the beginning everything was fine, but now after 2 weeks I am having again the same network problems (losing connectivity, not being able to recover signal, and so on) that I had with my old CM ROM.

After reading a bit around in the forum, I found that there is this RIL change solution http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2496075

But since this is a bit older, I don't know if it has been already implemented or not in the recent Beanstalk updates or if I still have to do it. And also if this only works with the P880-dev based ROMs or also with the CM based ones. It is difficult to say when one has to read so many threads.

Also an user uploaded a flashable zip fix of the RIL for the AD version. Does this mean that I can flash the P880-dev based ROM with AD and then just flash this zip and would avoid having to do the procedure of the above tutorial?
Is there another flashable alternative for me?

I also read somewhere that NamelessRom wasn't having this issue, so do you recommend to switch?

Thanks,

SC.
2nd September 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 776

1,812 posts
there are still several versions of RIL; i recommend you try a few of them till you find out the one that works.

the zip that was made for the AD version of rom works only and only with that specific rom, made on that specific date. any rom that was built after (or before) needs to have different flashable zip.

i do recommend you try nameless rom first (take a backup of beanstalk). take it for a spin for a few hours/days and see if you have any network issues. if you do not, you can extract RIL from nameless rom & implement it in beanstalk. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Flying_Bear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Bear

there are still several versions of RIL; i recommend you try a few of them till you find out the one that works.

i do recommend you try nameless rom first (take a backup of beanstalk). take it for a spin for a few hours/days and see if you have any network issues. if you do not, you can extract RIL from nameless rom & implement it in beanstalk. good luck

Thanks, then I'll try my luck with Nameless. I hope I will not miss it much.

There isn't yet something like dual booting in Android, no?

Cheers,

S
3rd September 2014, 06:41 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 776

1,812 posts
There is for our device, search for twrp multirom. Its a bit of a hassle to set up properly thoguh
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread