5,814,720 Members 52,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] any rom with video calling ?

Tip us?

Mr.LOVER
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Question [Q] any rom with video calling ?

hi is there any rom for our phone that has video calling feature on 3G network?
if not, why?
is it unachievable or what?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secularists may believe you have a right to worship God, but only as long as your God is silent...

LG Optimus 4x HD - v20a Official - Rooted - Unlocked - TWRP Multiboot Recovery - with Enox, Zaiban, Omni KK and a lot of roms
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ottomanhero
Old
Thanks Meter 133
@Mr.LOVER try third party apps.There are a lot of features that can be added to a phone, software wise.ROM devs usually try to keep their ROM size low, while maintaining a medium range of features.And most apps which you can easily obtain from playstore are usually excluded from the ROM.

I haven't tried videocalling with my phone yet.But I'm pretty sure you can videocall with this phone, just get an app for it.

Adam77Root
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11,042

DONATE TO ME
Don't think any app can do real 3G video calling as it's heavily RIL dependant. I saw traces of such code in frameworks, but as it's not exposed anywhere I guess LG has abandoned it finally. How could it keep a stable connection if even single RIL standby crashes constantly?
Quote:
I'd be glad if you could spare me a few bucks. You can use PayPal.

Thanks very much to all donors, it is much appreciated!

Mr.LOVER
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomanhero View Post
@Mr.LOVER try third party apps.There are a lot of features that can be added to a phone, software wise.ROM devs usually try to keep their ROM size low, while maintaining a medium range of features.And most apps which you can easily obtain from playstore are usually excluded from the ROM.

I haven't tried videocalling with my phone yet.But I'm pretty sure you can videocall with this phone, just get an app for it.
i'm not talkin about video calling over internet like skype. i'm talkin about video calling through network call. and no 3rd party gives that option, if there is any app then please correct me and tell me it's name. i have free video calling on my network, it only charges me normal call rates even if i make a video call. but our phone doesn't have video call feature in dialer or in contacts.
so i was asking if any rom has it or not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secularists may believe you have a right to worship God, but only as long as your God is silent...

LG Optimus 4x HD - v20a Official - Rooted - Unlocked - TWRP Multiboot Recovery - with Enox, Zaiban, Omni KK and a lot of roms
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr.LOVER
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam77Root View Post
Don't think any app can do real 3G video calling as it's heavily RIL dependant. I saw traces of such code in frameworks, but as it's not exposed anywhere I guess LG has abandoned it finally. How could it keep a stable connection if even single RIL standby crashes constantly?
i'm sorry but i don't understand your language (technical terminologies). i think you're saying it's not possible for any dev to add this feature in a rom? or even through xposed framework?

Adam77Root
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11,042

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.LOVER View Post
i'm sorry but i don't understand your language (technical terminologies). i think you're saying it's not possible for any dev to add this feature in a rom? or even through xposed framework?
Short answer: Yes, it's not possible. Long answer: There is always a chance that someone takes the challenge and extends the code, but it is probably an enormous work and might not even be possible.
Quote:
I'd be glad if you could spare me a few bucks. You can use PayPal.

Thanks very much to all donors, it is much appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to Adam77Root For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]